x

address showing on Local pickup option

Is there a way to "hide" the pickup address when the "local pickup" option is chosen? I have a local pick up box but I am not a store front and I don't like my address visiable  to customer without payment and you can see me address even before you checkout. Also I really would like the option to email the address and instructions for pickup to customer once product is ready and after they have paid

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting @gingerwraps If you enable the option for local pickup your information will be displayed at some point during the checkout process. The store template, Order Online, will show a popup box upon entering the site, or when clicking on the store page. If you change the template to Shop All then the store address will show on the checkout panel if the user chooses pickup.

There isn't a way to remove or hide this information at this time. If you do not have a physical address that you feel comfortable making public, you could not offer the standard pickup option, and instead mark your items as shipping fulfillment. When you create the shipping rule (under Fulfillment > Shipping) you can title the rule "pick up", then send the pickup address in the order confirmation email or let the buyer know that you will be making pickup arrangements after purchase.

This isn't a perfect work-around, and may not work well for you since you have less control over who can request a pickup. I recommend making sure to notate somewhere on the site how your pickup will work i.e. coverage area, day/time restrictions, etc. Perhaps as a popup notification, or included on the item description page. 

If you want to continue to use the pickup option and the pickup features you will need to use a physical address. Perhaps you can reach out to your local chamber of commerce to see if they have any suggestions on a public address that can be used as a placeholder. Then follow the previous mentioned steps to provide the valid information in the order confirmation email. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I'm having trouble finding where I create shipping rules... can you help?

Message 3 of 7

Heya @laurelbakes and welcome to the Community.

It looks like @BernadetteA listed in her reply that it's under > Fulfillment Shipping!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

yes I looked there but am not finding where to set up a rule...

Message 5 of 7

Hello, I have the same question. Under Settings, there is no Shipping category.

Thank you

Message 6 of 7

Welcome to the Community @nikkabrikk 🎉

Super sorry for the confusion. The dashboard menu has changed slightly. You will find the shipping menu on the Online dashboard under Fulfillment > Shipping

We have a shipping setup guide that you can reference, but let us know if you have any questions setting this up. 😊

Message 7 of 7