x

App keeps crashing

App crashing every time I try to go to settings. (Unfortunately, Square Point of Sale has stopped)

yes have force stopped app, yes have reset device, yes have uninstalled and re-installed app.

reason I am trying to go to settings is because won't read my card reader all of a sudden, without settings, can't reconnect card reader.

Tried to switch to my mobile device. I can access the settings menu but can't pair the card reader. Pairing just fails and the reader goes from blinking orange to red. Yes Bluetooth etc is tuned on.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

@BillysExpress that sounds super frustrating and I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. I just want to be sure - what is the original device you're using and how long have you owned the Contactless and Chip Reader? It may be a software issue. 

Also, you mentioned a mobile device - does the app crash in the mobile device, or just not pair to the Contactless and Chip Reader?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thank you for the reply. Seems to be working fine today. Must have been an issue on your end. It happens ....

Message 3 of 7

Original device is a Samsung tablet, the same chip reader has been used for about 3 years I believe.

No the app didn't crash at all on the mobile, just wouldn't pair the reader.

Actually reader works on tablet BUT I still cannot access settings, app crashes if you go to settings, everything else about the app works

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Can you check to make sure what software version your Samsung Tablet is? Also, to pair your Contactless and Chip Reader to the mobile device, try doing a hard reset by holding the Contactless and Chip Reader power button for 10-12 seconds until all the buttons flash red. Let it rest for a few seconds, then try to pair it again.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Android version 5.1.1

Yes, that was the first thing I tried, chip powered down to red, restarted in will not pair.

Not really worried about if it pairs to my mobile, that was an attempted temporary solution.

I have to find out why the app is crashing when I hit the settings button. I still can't print customer recipes because I can't use my printer because I can't access settings.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Please give our Support Team a call today if you have a minute. I want them to look into this further to find a more permanent/consistent solution @BillysExpress.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 7