x

Can I manually enter tare weights for weighed items on Bluetooth scale?

I am looking to switch over to Square for my e-commerce and POS needs to be combined all in one.

we sell weighed items in reused containers and therefore the tare weights are never the same for each product purchase.

is it possible to manually enter a tare weights that is deducted from the weighed value?

for example: customer comes into store with three reused containers and weighs each empty container at our customer weigh station. They then fill each container with various amounts of product. When they come to the POS they weigh each full container and the cashier has to manually calculate the product weight (full container weight - tare weight = product weight) and enter that into the POS.

Iโ€™d like to know if I can either a) manually enter a tare weight into the scale before weighing the full container or b) manually enter a tare weight into the POS that is deducted from the automatic scale reading.

p.s. Iโ€™ve also requested the answer from the Star Micronics regarding their MG-S8200

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

@saumaya  I saw your response to a previous thread and I understand that you were a PM on the implementation of the scale. Are you able to help share any information that is pertinent to my inquiry above?

Message 2 of 5

I have the same question.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @ourfootprints and @kizis1!

You can use the inbuilt tare function on star scale but it our POS does not support the functionality of preset tares. 

To use the star scale hardware functionality:

1. Place an empty container on the scale.
  2. Press the โ€˜โ†’Tโ†โ€™ button on the scale to tare the weight of the container.
  3. The reading on the scale display will reset to 0.
  4. Place the item being weighed into the container on the scale.
  5. The scale will display only the weight of the item because the weight of the container was removed using the tare function in the previous step.
  6. After weighing the item, remove it from the scale.
  7. If the scale does not reset to 0, press the โ€˜โ†’0โ†โ€™ button on the scale to clear the tare weight

I hope this helps! โœจ

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 5

Thank you Isabelle. Because costumers have many jars and we serve many customers at the same times too, we need to find a way to preset tare. 

Message 5 of 5