x

Can you use Contactless Square Reader without Bluetooth and with only wiring it to the device?

I would like to be able to wire the contactless square reader with USB to an Android device with its Bluetooth turned off and accept payments.

Can the contactless square reader communicate with the host (tablet for example) through USB without using Bluetooth?

I know there is a Dock for the reader, but that seems to only charge the reader through USB.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @o-waters

Thanks for posting in our Seller Community. Great question! Our Square Contactless + Chip Reader cannot connect via USB.  The dock it comes with is for charging the reader and your Bluetooth settings need to be on for the reader to connect with the hardware. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @o-waters

Thanks for posting in our Seller Community. Great question! Our Square Contactless + Chip Reader cannot connect via USB.  The dock it comes with is for charging the reader and your Bluetooth settings need to be on for the reader to connect with the hardware. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2