x

Combined Cash Drawer & Printer work for iPad?

I'm looking at our cash drawer and receipt printer options. We will be using an ipad and handing it in and out a drive-thru window.

I was reading this thread "https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5084" - Supported Hardware for Ipads - and came across  the combined cash drawer and printer. 

Here is the link to the mPOP register/printer: http://star-emea.com/products/mpop/

I know the "USB" printer requires the Square Stand and the mPOP appears to be all in one so it doesn't say if it's blue tooth or pinter driven. 

Will it work for our set up? We'd love this to save on space since we are a tiny drive-thru..

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hey @coppercup! On the product page that you linked, it states that it has Bluetooth connectivity within the description so it sounds like it would be connected via Bluetooth. The iOS version of the app does support Bluetooth connectivity so you should be good to go.

Hope that helps clarify things, but let us know if you have any other questions.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 3

The Square compatibility list says that the Stand is compatible with the mPop drawer/printer. That's tru. You will be able to open the drawer and print a receipt. But if you get mPop with a barcode scanner, that doesn't work with Square in any way i have found. Also, there's great USB hub inside the mPop that you won't be able to use either cuz there's an odd-ball connector on the bottom of the Square Stand that you'll never find a USB cable for except the one that is hardwired into the Square USB adapter. With a little more thought on the part of Square and Star Micronics, this could have been a great pairing. As it stands, one needs to rig-up all kinds of extra wiring for no good reason. (BTW if anybody DOES find a USB cable with that odd-ball connector on one end, please POST IT.)     

Message 3 of 3