x

Contactless reader isn't working

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Contactless reader”

Hey! Our contactless reader stopped working today. It shows as paired and ready but when we hit charge the green light doesn’t come on and we are unable to complete the transaction/tap the card. We have tried everything suggedted on the troubleshooting list like rebooting the iPad, and deleting and reinstalling the app and still the same problem. Any help would be appreciated, it is after hours for phone support.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

I'm sorry to hear about your reader @Trickyincmtl. If you've been through all of the troubleshooting steps in our Support Center I also recommend doing a hard reset. To do this, press the Power Button on the reader for 20 seconds. 

But if the reader still isn't working go ahead and call our Support team. Phone support is available 6am-6pm PT,Monday-Friday.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Mine also stopped working. It had paired fine over the last couple of months.  I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in other posts. The device does show in my Bluetooth devices but not in square app.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear that @Jeeves

Did you try reinstalling the Point of Sale app?

If you've tried everything and you're still having trouble, reach out to our Support Team and we'll help get you up and running again. 

Message 4 of 6

Contactless reader stopped working after Android 10 update on my Galaxy Note 9. Just a red error bar on top saying "connect to internet." But I'm fully wifi-connected. Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @gorovers,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same issue.

Check out @Helen's troubleshooting and next steps above. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6