x

Contactless reader update issue

My phone connects to my contactless and chip readers however then it starts to update the reader. It gets to 99%, then briefly says connected, then immediately restarts the update and says the reader won't connect. I've tried uninstall-reinstalling the Square app. I've also powered off the reader and re tried. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Have you tried resetting the reader?

Press and hold the button for about 20-40 seconds until you see four RED flashing lights, after the 4 orange lights you would normally get.

Message 2 of 7

It's working now. I had a micro- USB magnetic end plugged into the charging slot the whole time. Once I took it out, it connected no problem. I should have thought of this sooner!

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Awesome! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Message 4 of 7

Thank you I just tried that. It continues to have the same problem, updating to 99% and then disconnecting

Message 5 of 7

I had this problem a month ago, now again. I have spent HOURS trying to get it connected and it gets to 99% and crashes, this is very frusterating

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

I'm going to suggest replacing it. The last firmware update, I believe, nerfed a lot of readers. Most people (myself included) had to replace it after not using it for 2 years during the pandemic. For the frustration and the possibility of lost sales, replace it.

Message 7 of 7