x

Device not supported

I have successfully been using an HTC U11 with my contactless chip reader. I recently upgraded to Android 9. Now I am having trouble connecting. I am getting an error saying “Device Not Supported Google is unable to verify that your device is compatible with Android. Please try another device, or restore this one to factory settings.” I have managed to get it to connect a few times since resetting the app, re installing the app, re connecting the reader, etc. It only works once though. Please help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @KingspointJay - thanks for letting us know about this. So sorry for the trouble/confusion.

This is an interesting case. I checked our device compatibility list and I'm not seeing the HTC U11 on the list - however, there are so many devices on the market that many are untested with our Hardware. Given that the device has worked up until recently makes me believe it should be working properly even after updating to Android 9 Pie. 

Let's try a couple things. Usually if a device has recently updated its main software, that will require its apps to be updated as well. Would you mind checking to see if there is any pending software update for the Square POS app as well?

If this doesn't work, I would recommend letting our Support Team know about the issue. They should be able to try some more troubleshooting steps with you to get the device back up and running. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

No updates pending. I tried restarting phone, app, and even uninstalling/reinstalling. It works one time but then stops working. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

I see @KingspointJay. Thanks for trying that. So strange that the issue continues to persist.

If you haven't already, reach out to us and we can try a couple more troubleshooting steps to get this thing solved. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4