x

Does Square Terminal work with Square stand

I am using squares pos system and currently have the “ square stand” set up  which comes with “square card reader for contactless & chip” 
My dilemma is: when peoples purchases are under $100 this is great BUT when they aren’t and they require a pin, we are unable to spin the system around to allow customers to punch in there info as due to covid19 we have a hard plexi glass barrier between the customer and store clerk. So my question is: can I use the “ Sqaure Terminal” in conjunction with my “ square stand” it is wireless but I don’t know if both can be used. I would have to pay $300 for one , so I must know if it will be compatible to have both for when needed.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @secondchancerec you can sync the two up if you're using open tickets, but you wouldn't be able to only use the Square Terminal customers to enter in their PIN. Your best option would be to use only the Square Terminal or only the Square Stand if the PIN is your main goal (it sounds like it is). 

Another temporary option right now is to use your phone so you can slide it under the plexi-glass, but I do understand how that brings much more contact to your devices than you may be looking for.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi @AshleyK , I am not sure I understand what you mean by "but you wouldn't be able to only use the Square Terminal customers to enter in their PIN". Can you please rephrase it? Are you saying Square Terminal is not useful if customer wants to enter PIN? Then can I return it and just use Square Stand? Will using Square stand still sync between POS and Online store and still allows customer to enter PIN. Also please help me understand why open tickets is suited for this situation? 

Message 3 of 6

Hey there, @secondchancerec

Stepping in for @AshleyK here. 

To rephrase what you're asking about the PIN - Customers being able to enter a PIN on the Square Terminal isn't an available feature. 

As far as returning the Terminal, we have a 30 day policy from the shipment date for a complete refund. 

Correct - using the Square Stand will allow all of your information to sync. Make sure you're logged into the same account across all of those devices, so the sync will continue. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Kassi_ , please can you help me with my original question - I have Square Terminal AND Square Stand with contactless chip reader. If the customer has to enter PIN how do I do it as I cannot spin my Square stand to them.  Can I use the Terminal in conjunction with Square Stand?  If I do will the information between the  two sync? @AshleyK mentioned about using Open tickets. Why should I use it? Please can you explain it's use in solving the problem of customers having to enter PIN?

Message 5 of 6

@secondchancerec

What AshleyK is referring to is that the feature you're looking for to sync/connect the Square Stand and Terminal isn't available yet.

Using open tickets give you a workaround to accomplish what you're looking for. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 6