x

How do I get a replacement?

"Reader Damaged - Use a different reader" - this is the message I get when I try to use my contactless and tap machine.  Is it possible to get a replacement?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

It's possible that your Square Reader for contactless and chip is still under warranty, as there is a limited warranty on the contactless reader. If you purchased it within the last year, you may be eligible for a replacement.

You'll want to have your reader handy when you head to the Returns and Warranty Exchanges page, as you'll be asked for the 16-digit serial number, which is located on the backside of your reader. Let us know if other questions come up, @Gamaraz!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi,

I work in an enterprise located in Quebec (Canada) and there are several damaged Square Reader. I just sent back 2 today, but need to send more returns. The Square system does not allow me to fill out a new form for more returns. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Catherine

450-883-6060

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your reader warranties. Are you entering a different serial number for each hardware replacement? Also, what is wrong with each hardware and how many are you trying to replace?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4