x
Beta Member

In App Notifications stopped working this week

Fairly new to Square; since Covid, we've joined Square for take out and curbside orders.  I have it set up on an iPhone in the coffee house, and on my personal phone, with app notifications enabled up on BOTH phones, in case it's noisy in the coffee shop and staff miss it - I can catch it on my phone and either call them or text them personally.  Clumsy, but it works.  

The last week or so, notifications have not been popping up on EITHER PHONE so customers have been calling to say they are here for their curb-side order, and we have no knowledge of it.

Anyone have any idea why? it would have just stopped working?  I've checked everything and nothing has been disabled or changed by way or notifications and the order is sitting there when we check, we just aren't receiving any notifications at all.  HELP?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hey @StonesThrow!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

Sounds like you have already verified your settings. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the apps on both your devices, then adjusting the settings? (Please only delete and reinstall when you haven't taken any payments in Offline Mode). Often that can fix any glitches or bugs. 

Our Super Sellers @MichiganFarmsta @pessosices @JamesSandbar @MAXSDELI @sugarlab are all Square site users and may have some insight/solutions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 14
Beta Member

Thx Isabelle.  Yes, we have deleted and reinstalled and checked notifications on all phones (2) and on line.  They are activated for both Square and Weebly.  I understand sometimes it's a weebly issue, but it's still not working for us.  We only get a sound when we go into the app and open "orders".  If it's just even sitting at the order screen, with the phone on unlock and active screen, it still doesn't sound.  Thx for replying.

Message 3 of 14
Admin

@pessosices @Goldneye @sugarlab

Is this happening to you as well? 

Let me know.. 👀 I'll continue to look into this myself @StonesThrow

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 14
Super Seller

I haven't been using the curbside feature. We just have customers text our shop text-only phone. Didn't know it would allow for notification when they arrived. That's cool! And will come in handy when we move in a couple weeks to a place where parking can be tricky. 

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 5 of 14

HI, do not use curbside or pickup.

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 14
Beta Member

thank you so much.  Will try that!

Message 7 of 14

I am having the same issue. I have deleted both Apps several times and nothing happens. I have chatted with a square rep. And he was clueless to this issue. It was nice hearing the cash register sound when someone made a purchase. 

a lot off people are having this issue. Is square or weeble working on the fix?

Message 8 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Kadefa 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us.

This one is strange, indeed. It doesn't look like we've had any wide-spread reports of this issue. When you chatted with Support, did you speak to them via phone?

If not, we would recommend flagging this over to them directly so they can file a ticket with our Engineers if need be.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 14

Hi Joe, I chatted with someone online. I read in the Weebly/Square community of many people having the same issue since July and supposedly the engineers, tech team are aware. However, the the problem still exists. I reinstalled the Square/Weebly apps on all my devices and it still doesn't

work.  The notification needs to work. How do I reach engineers or can you forward our chat over to them.  Is there a number to reach a engineer?

Message 10 of 14

Hi again, @Kadefa - our Engineering and Product Teams are not customer-facing, meaning you can't speak to them directly. If you file a ticket with our Support Team as I mentioned above, this will be passed directly to our Engineers so they can take a deeper look.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 14

I've had this issue for a few months now. The notifications used to alert every time then suddenly, I believe after an app update, they notifications suddenly stopped. I've logged off and re-downloaded the app several times and triple checked my phone's notifications and everything should be working perfectly but I'm still not receiving the cash register sounds or any visual indicator on the app of an order. These seems to be a recurring issue from what I googled yet no one seems to have a working solution? Can anyone help?

Message 12 of 14

Sorry to hear about the hassle here, @gdc1984! I understand your frustration not having in app notifications pop up anymore. When you have a chance, please reach out to support who can file a ticket directly: squ.re/contact. 

Message 13 of 14

Will do. Thanks!

Message 14 of 14