x
Super Seller

Invoice Payments from Register?

I'm pretty sure we used to be able to do this with no issue.

However, we discovered some issues with taking invoice payments from our register.

When we go to add payment, the customer screen presented with the TOTAL amount to confirm and pay instead of the deposit amount which was half. Once the customer "confirms" the incorrect amount, the tip screen comes up. Selection is made and the customer is prompted to tap or insert. The customer tapped, it said APPROVED on the staff register aaaaaand the whole system rebooted.

When going back to transactions, it isn't listed there despite having the approved checkmark come up on the screen.

I ended up processing the payment using the "custom amount" feature, but in Invoices you can no longer add a payment and mark it as having been taken with Square. So you track it as other and it double counts your sales.

This is a HUGE issue! Please fix this bug ASAP.

I recorded a video stepping through the process and showing the glitch, but can't upload it here.

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @lenjobakes,

We are sorry to hear that this happened. For clarification, the reason the transaction wasn’t there, is that it was voided cause of the reboot. However, if the reboot was unexpected or keeps happening, we definitely recommend getting in contact with our direct Customer Success team here

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Thanks, @Ellie_. I was able to get in contact with the support team, but we weren't able to figure out a resolution? Seems to be a software issue.

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Message 3 of 4

Similar to LenJo Bakes...

We are a cafe using Square Register (for POS), Square Online (pick up only) and Square Invoices (for catering orders).

We require full payment for catering orders (but may do partial in the future), but our challenge is that paid invoices cannot be sent to our Square Register for order processing similar to online orders. We also cannot manage Square Invoice orders on our Square Register (ie: New, In Progress, Ready etc.). We have checked Square Support, this forum and the US Seller Community but no mention of this yet.

Square Invoices are already integrated with Items and financial reports in the Dashboard - and this is great, but there doesn't seem to be a way to push paid Invoice orders to our POS for order management. 

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 4