x

Is there a tap limit for credit cards?

Our device is not accepting credit card tap payments over $100 - I thought tap payments for credit card didn't have a maximum amount but would only require a signature etc? We are having to insert the credit card for every payment. Debit transactions under $100 are okay.

Please advise!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Credit tap payments over $100 will require extra authentication, like thumbprint or signature, but you should be able to accept a credit card payment in an amount over $100 when tapping. (For Interac debit tap there is a $100 limit but you can insert a debit card to accept a debit card payment over $100.)

If you're still experiencing troubles with this, please reach out to us directly, @studiotango. Our Customer Success team can take a deeper dive into your account with you to figure out what could be causing this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Best Answer

Credit tap payments over $100 will require extra authentication, like thumbprint or signature, but you should be able to accept a credit card payment in an amount over $100 when tapping. (For Interac debit tap there is a $100 limit but you can insert a debit card to accept a debit card payment over $100.)

If you're still experiencing troubles with this, please reach out to us directly, @studiotango. Our Customer Success team can take a deeper dive into your account with you to figure out what could be causing this!

Valentina
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your reply. We are still experiencing issues when trying to tap credit card payments over $100 (must insert card). I will reach out to square.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

We're really sorry to hear that you are still experiencing these issues, @studiotango.

The fastest way to figure out what could be happening here will be to speak with a member of our Customer Success team on the phone. Please follow these instructions to get in touch with us. If you'd prefer to have someone reach out by email, we would be happy to escalate a case for you that way instead.

Valentina
Message 4 of 4