x

Known Issue with Interac Payments (6/11/23)

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Apple Pay tap not working for some cards?"

For context we run a seasonal business and just kicked off our 2023 season last night. For whatever reason, Apple Pay was frequently not working when paying on the terminal. It would bring up the error message when customers were trying to use Apple Pay to tap. I tested it multiple times and am 100% sure the issue was with Apple pay (debit cards I think) specifically. The strange thing was, whenever the customer took out their physical card and tapped, that fixed the issue 80% of the time. This was never an issue last year and I’m trying to figure out what is going on. Any ideas?

Prince Edward Island -Canada.  

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there again, @Thewienerwagon 👋 Hope you are well today!

I just wanted to close the loop on this thread and let you know that the issue with Interac payments has now been resolved! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Thewienerwagon - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is currently a known issue with Interac/Tap Payments in Canada. You can view the details here. We will continue to post updates on ca.issquareup.com as we receive them from our Engineering Team and our partners at Everlink.

In the meantime, if you encounter any difficulties processing Interac payments with mobile wallets, we recommend trying again by using the physical payment card. If the physical Interac card is also unable to process, we suggest using a Visa, Master Card, or Amex brand card instead.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your patience while we continue to work toward resolving this issue 🙏

Violet
Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Hi there again, @Thewienerwagon 👋 Hope you are well today!

I just wanted to close the loop on this thread and let you know that the issue with Interac payments has now been resolved! 🙂

Violet
Message 3 of 3