x

My Contactless Chip reader disconnected then would not reconnect. Too many Blue Tooths Active

Our Contactless Chip reader disconnected and could not reconnect.  I removed the connection and started over, and then the Square App could not find the unit nor could I pair it.  I checked blue tooth and there were MANY blue tooth connections (Logical considering all the vendors in the area)

Will too many blue tooth signals cause the Chip reader to disconnect and simply stop working?

I paired the unit successfully and without issue when I was away from the venue where there were many vendors.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I think we were having a similar issue with our Bluetooth scanners. Between the customer facing display, the barcode scanner, the speakers, and maybe another device or two, it was just too much Bluetooth for an iPad to handle. So the barcode scanners would randomly shut down. We took 1 Bluetooth device out of the equation by controlling Spotify from a different device (not the register), and it seemed to solve the problem. I don't pretend to know much about it, but I think that there were just too many Bluetooth signals crossing.

Message 2 of 2