x
Beta Member

My Moto g4 play will no longer pair with chip reader

Used to work but now my phone won't pair with reader. Phone shows the serial number of reader but can't pair. Also now tells me that my phone is a rooted device but nothing has changed with my phone except for android update and the chip reader works with my wife's phone and the moto will still accept the swipe reader. Have gone through all the trouble shooting suggestions with no joy. Also contacted support and was told issue would be sent to engineering team but still haven't heard back so now I am stuck with a paperweight.Thanks,Dave

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Solved this problem myself. Reset phone to its original state and removed all apps. Then paired the reader and it worked fine. Began adding apps but once I added an anti "butt" calling app the reader stopped working. Not sure what the connection is but everything is working again.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Best Answer

Solved this problem myself. Reset phone to its original state and removed all apps. Then paired the reader and it worked fine. Began adding apps but once I added an anti "butt" calling app the reader stopped working. Not sure what the connection is but everything is working again.

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Hey @qabloona - Sorry that you never received a response to your original post, but I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to your issue! It's possible that certain apps may block the permissions that Point of Sale needs in order to work. An anti-butt calling app sounds like it would definitely do that as its purpose is to block certain functions of your phone. Thank you for taking the time to share your solution with the Seller Community! I'm sure it will come in handy if others run into the same problem.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 3