x

My chip card reader isn't connecting to my Samsung 5 phone

My chip reader stopped connecting to my Samsung 5 phone. I called customer service and they stated it is a technical issue on your end. Any idea when this will be rectified? I have been told that if there is an issue with a card with a chip the seller ( me ) is ultimately responsible for damages that the customer may incur so needless to say I am anxious about having my reader issue fixed.

Denise

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Have you attempted to connect the chip reader to any other device?  If it connects to another device, the issue is with your phone.  I have six chip readers here that I use and none of them have had any issues connecting.  If it won't connect to any other devices, then the chip reader is likely having issues.  I'd check and see what/if any warranty the reader has, or I'd stop over at Best Buy and pick up a new one.  

Have you contacted Square Support directly?  

Message 2 of 4

I recently had to get a new phone, also a Samsung (A5), quite similar to the old one, however, when I plugged in the square nothing happened. Might need to install software again? I've sent in an email, waitiing to hear their response

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble, @sandimalboeuf. I went to check on this and it looks like you were able to get in touch with our Customer Success team by the time we got to your post here. If anything else comes up, let us know! ๐Ÿ™‚

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4