x

My reader won’t pair with my phone after being paired fine earlier in the day

My reader won’t pair with my phone after working fine earlier in the day. This is the second time this has happened to me. Very inconvenient when working an art show. 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Fawcettbead

Sorry to hear you ran into trouble with your Contactless and Chip Card Reader.

Were you able to get things up and running? There are a few troubleshooting tips we recommend trying if you have trouble. 

Check out this existing article for some tips:

Square Contactless + Chip Reader Troubleshooting

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hi @Fawcettbead

Sorry to hear you ran into trouble with your Contactless and Chip Card Reader.

Were you able to get things up and running? There are a few troubleshooting tips we recommend trying if you have trouble. 

Check out this existing article for some tips:

Square Contactless + Chip Reader Troubleshooting

Message 2 of 8

Same issue here ! not pairing ...

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Sorry for the frustration @mathieuga! Were you able to run through the troubleshooting steps shared by EJ above? If you're still having trouble pairing the reader go head and call our CS team so we can help get you back up and running! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 8

My contactless chip reader not connecting via bluetooth.  It has been charged overnight and reset several times. I additionally tried to pair the device as a new device and still bluetooth not accepting.

Message 5 of 8

Hi there, @rdeeble - thanks for reaching out and letting us know about this issue. So sorry for the trouble on this one, this is definitely frustrating! 

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a similar thread of Sellers who were also having issues with Bluetooth pairing. I would take a look at this Best Answer from EJ for the best troubleshooting steps.

If those don't seem to resolve the issue for you, we recommend reaching out to our Support Team for further troubleshooting! We will make sure this gets taken care of for you.

We will keep an eye out for your contact! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

Same issue here. I just bought the reader, and tried to set up an account today and it won't work.

I'm doing my first craft show in 3 years this weekend, and was hoping to be able to use this cause nobody carries cash anymore.

This is very frustrating. I can't sign in on my phone either. Magically I was able to sign in here though

Message 7 of 8

Hi @spinderella thanks for reaching out to us, I'm glad you were able to log in here!

It sounds like there are a few reasons preventing you from connecting your contactless + chip Square Reader. 

Firstly, if you're unable to log in you won't get very far here. If it's been some time since logging into the Square Point of Sale app, you can always select the Forgot Password option to reset your password. 

Secondly, we suggest ensuring the device you're attempting to pair with is still compatible with Square. Once you've confirmed your device is compatible, give these steps from the above Best Answer a try and let us know how you go here.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8