x
Beta Member

Need Immediate Wi-Fi Printer Solution

We are getting continuous disconnections from our printers so much now, due to the USB printer cord getting damaged due to having to continuously turn and move the Square stand - that we now need Wi-Fi printers to be installed. We have 2 Square stands - one on the salon side, one on the bar side and need Wi-Fi printers for each - and then we need a third printer to be set-up alone in the kitchen that would connect to the bar stand.

We cannot use ethernet nor do we want Bluetooth solutions.

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you.

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Sorry for the trouble you're having with those USB printers @JPWilkinson. It sounds like you're set on using a WiFi printer. Are you needing to know how to go about setting them up?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Yes, we are using USB connected printers with each stand - but need Wi-Fi printers instead - so we no longer run into the issue of the cords getting all bungled up. We need Wi-Fi printer recommendations that work with Square and instructions on how to connect them from the online dashboard.

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hi @JPWilkinson,

Stepping in for @nika

We have a wide range of compatible ethernet/wifi printers which you can find listed on our compatibility page here. The most common printer we sell on our site is the Ethernet Kitchen Printer (Star Kitchen Impact Printer SP742ME), and recently have introduced the Star Micronics mC-Print3 Thermal Printer. Depending on your type of set up, you have a few options to ensure a smooth workflow. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions after looking at your options, by replying to this thread.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi @Alex_ 

Thank you for the link and I see that there is only one Wi-Fi printer available and it is out of stock - possibly it is being discontinued. Can you please advise on what we can do with any other Wi-Fi printers?

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @JPWilkinson!

Thanks for your reply. 

Right now, it looks like on our Compatibility Page, we do not have any WiFi kitchen printers. Here are the compatible (including WiFi) receipt printers. 

If you'd like some guidance on what the best printers to purchase for what you're looking for, please don't hesitate to call as well. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 6