x

No FIX for Huawei phones - Developer Options Not Supported

The standard fix of disabling Developer Tools does not work for Huawei phones. The message that Developer Options Not Supported, App Restart occurs even when developer tools aren't turned on. Turning them on and then turning them off does nothing. Uninstalling and re-installing Square App does nothing. Restarting phone, restarting reader, nothing works. Supports only comment was "That's weird". No kidding its weird, why isn't it being addressed? This seems like a Huawei - Square issue, not Android.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SplitTree!

I'm not sure what Huawei device you have specifically but I would recommend checking our Compatibility page to see if it's tested/compatible with our system. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

Its a P20 and since you don't have any Huawei phones listed I don't know why you would ask what Huawei product I am using.

Someone else found a fix:

Go to Settings and in the search box type "his" without the quotes and turn off "Allow HiSuite to use HDB". Close out of Settings and try connecting to the reader again.

Message 3 of 10

@SplitTree There are Huawei devices listed under Android Huawei.

Glad you found a fix though!

Ashley C
Message 4 of 10

@SplitTree WOW !!! Thank you so much!! I was looking for the solution to this problem for a long time !!!

Message 5 of 10

This was helpful. Thank you!

Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Hi ashc,

The Huawei P30 lite was compatible in 2020, but isn't now. Not sure if it has an issue with the Android security update, or...? But it sucks to put away a perfectly good tool only to find that someone changed its programming and now it's useless.

Message 7 of 10

Hi @RedSkyTuna - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community. I'm stepping in for ashc here!

It's possible that an Android system update could have changed Huawei P30 Lite's compatibility status. It sounds like you're using our Contactless + Chip Reader. Do you happen to have any other devices (like a phone or tablet) with Bluetooth capability?

You could use your reader with any compatible devices listed on our Compatibility page.

Violet
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks @_Violet.

My other phone is a Motorola Moto G-8, which hasn't been tested.  I have never been able to make it work. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Message 9 of 10

My Huawei P90 pro has done this to me twice now in the last 12 months. I think it is when the hardware is updated and it changes back to original config.

It is very annoying when it happens, thankfully I remembered this fix and a big shout out to you Splittree  for the solution.

Message 10 of 10