x

Printer won’t connect & iPad not charging in Stand

I own a Star TSP100 eco futureprnt which I use with my iPad and Square stand for my point of sale. This is my 5th season using it but I can’t get the printer to connect this year. I have tried all the trouble shooting and nothing is working. I upgraded my iPad last summer and had to purchase a new Square Stand to accommodate it. Occasionally last summer I had trouble connecting....scanner, printer, and cash drawer would not work but all of a sudden, the Square Stand would “fire up” , make noise and start working. It was annoying at times because during a busy day it would sometimes disconnect and then seconds later reconnect. I unplugged my system for the winter as I’m a seasonal business operating only during the summer months. Now nothing is happening. I bought the new Square reader and dock but I haven’t even bothered to set those up yet because I don’t won’t to add to the chaos just yet.

Please help as my store opens for the season tomorrow.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Candies

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your printer connection. I know the connect/disconnect issue can be a headache for sellers during business hours. 

When this happens to you, have you noticed whether or not the iPad itself 

continues to charge (e.g. the lightning symbol in the battery)? That would indicate that the iPad connection itself is lose, and there's a few things we can try to improve the connection. 

If the iPad is charging, and only your USB accessories are disconnecting, the issue might fall to the accessories hub itself. 

Check out this page and go through these steps to rule out anything that might be a simple fix: 

Square Stand Troubleshooting

If those steps don't help, give our CS Team a call and they'll be able to investigate a bit more with you. 

Message 2 of 2