x

Prompt for an order ticket name is no longer showing up for every transaction

When I cash out a transaction I am usually prompted for an Order Ticket Name or Number. My square app updated today and this feature has stopped working consistently. How do I make it so the prompt to name the ticket comes up each time I press "Charge"?

Message 1 of 15
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Prompt for an order ticket name is no longer showing up for every transaction

Thank you for flagging - I was able to get an update, @PPub.

Our team is aware of this issue, and we have a fix for the Square Register that should be fully rolled out by the end of September.

14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

Hey @PartandParcel - Check your printer station settings and make sure Order Tickets are turned on and set to manually enter ticket numbers (which will allow a custom field to enter a name)

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

I am having the same issue now where it intermittently doesn't ask for name. Did you ever solve this? I'm not sure if I'll see your reply here, but if you have an answer I'd greatly appreciate it. Square folks are stumped so far. My email is ken@gogyrogostl.com

Message 3 of 15
Alumni

Sorry about the bugginess. We're aware and currently working on a fix. For now, here's a workaround - 

With Open Tickets enabled, save the items to a new ticket (Checkout > tap Tickets  > New Ticket) which will prompt for a ticket name. Then select the ticket from the list of open tickets and proceed to checkout as usual.

@KenGoGyroGo

Justin
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

Hi Justin,  That workaround doesn't really make sense for us, as we're just ringing in items on a food truck and collecting payment just before we send the ticket to the kitchen printer. We need to have the name on the ticket before we collect payment. We don't keep any open tickets, or have any list of open tickets.  We rely on the names being on the kitchen printer ticket so we can call out the order by name when it is ready. This bug is causing a lot of problems for us, so really hoping it will get fixed quickly, otherwise we may as well be hand writing tickets like the old days, and that is something we don't want to go back to. 

Message 5 of 15

We are having the same problem. We are a take out restaurant and rely on the prompt for order ticket names as the tickets need to have names. Recently it has stopped consistently prompting when staff press charge at the end of an order. We are using the above work around but it is very slow and staff are getting frustrated. 

Message 6 of 15
Alumni

Hey @Salt747 @KenGoGyroGo 

Looks like our Engineers deployed a fix. Manually update the SPOS app to 5.63 from the app store. Going forward, tickets should prompt for a name if configured in Settings. 

Justin
Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

It seemed to be working Monday Night when we had a shift.  We didn't have to update the app though. Or maybe it had already updated it automatically.

Message 8 of 15
Alumni

@KenGoGyroGo could've update automatically. Glad it's working for you! 

Justin
Message 9 of 15

Prompt for custom ticket name at checkout not popping up on our Square Register. We need the prompt to show up so that our Square Kitchen Display System will show customer name with their order. 

Square - is engineering working on this? I called a week ago about the issue and have yet to hear back from my Square point of contact. We are using the "new" checkout experience and have the "enter custom number or name" option selected in the "Order tickets" section of Checkout settings. 

Message 10 of 15
Alumni

Thank you for flagging - I was able to get an update, @PPub.

Our team is aware of this issue, and we have a fix for the Square Register that should be fully rolled out by the end of September.

Valentina
Message 11 of 15

Thanks for the update, Valentina! When the update is rolled out, please feel free to message us personally or through this thread so that we are aware of the fix. 

Message 12 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @PPub. Stepping in for Valentina while she is away for the evening. 

It looks like we should have a new update now. Can you check to see if you can update to 5.74 by clicking Settings > Hardware > General > About Register

Please let us know if you are still seeing the error after updating. 

Message 13 of 15

I am having this problem in our coffee shop. It doesnโ€™t ask for a name every time and then wonโ€™t print off on the printer. And the few times it does work sometimes it doesnโ€™t print off all of them. How can I fix this?

Message 14 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Central1

While investigating this issue I found that other Sellers have experienced the same issue recently. Please reach out to our support team so they can gather the details of your device and your experience on this to have our Advanced Support team investigate this further. Please reach out by phone you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 15 of 15