x

RCA voyager 3 is it compatible

Is a RCA voyager 3 tablet compatable with a contactless chip reader?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @kerrbear1065 - According to our device compatibility list, the RCA Voyager III is incompatible with the Contactless + Chip Reader.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @FourPaws1010

Welcome to the Seller Community and I'm sorry for the late reply. 

I know we support a few RCA devices, but we don't have exact data on that specific model. 

You might need to test it out on your end to be sure. So long as it meets all of the minimum requirements, it should work, however I can't guarantee it will. 

Check out our Device Compatibility List if you need. 

Message 2 of 7

Hello,

I am curious if you've had any success using this device with the square app?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Admin

@FourPaws1010 Did you have any luck with this reader?

@farmgirl I'm afraid we haven't tested the RCA Voyager 3 so we can't 100% guarantee it'll work. The minimum requirement for an Android phone is 5.0 or higher.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

Does anyone have an update if this is compatible?

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @kerrbear1065 - According to our device compatibility list, the RCA Voyager III is incompatible with the Contactless + Chip Reader.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 7

Actually, the Square Device Compatibility page states that 'Android, RCA, Other Models' states that its compatibility is untested. The Voyager II 7" is the only specific model listes and states that the magstripe is compatible and the magstripe with a lightning connector is incompatible... for obvious reasons. 

I purchased the RCA Voyager III, 06/12/2019, running Android version 7.1.2, above the 5.0+ requirements and have had no success getting this app to run a credit card using the magstripe. I have ensured the app is the most current veriosn available and even reset the device to factory default settings, reinstalled the Square App and enabled the location, microphone and bluetooth/phone capabilities as prompted. The app runs fine, but the reader continues to prompt that the card was not read.

I have not yet attempted the device with the contactless reader. 

I have the unfortunate task of returning the new tablet to find an adequate replacement for my business.

Hope this real world "test" helps anyone still inquiring about the tablet's capabilities with the Square hardware and software... look elsewhere.

Message 7 of 7