x

Square Chip Card Reader won’t connect

My square reader was working yesterday morning then in the evening decided to quit working. It wouldn’t connect with the app. I went and “forgot the device” on both the app and in my Bluetooth and charged the reader. The lights flash orange when I hold the button down trying to connect it in the app but they won’t connect. I’ve tried turning my phone off and on.. signing out of the app, deleting the app, everything I can think of and it’s still not working.

any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

I'm sorry for this late reply @SammFinnie! I see that you were also able to contact our CS team about this and they shared the steps to reset your reader. Another thing to keep in mind is that you must pair the reader from the Square app, not from your device's settings.

If you're still having trouble with the reader, go ahead and reply to the email you received from CS - or call in - so they can investigate this and help get your reader back up and running.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

• I have the exact same complaint. And did the exact same process as the person above.   Please help… what now? 
Message 3 of 3