x
Beta Member

Square Point of Sale: How do I finish an incomplete payment?

I got a message saying I had an incomplete transaction and to go into the app to finish it, but when I do that it doesn’t show me where to finish it. How do I finish it to complete the transaction. 
it says it’s waiting to be transferred from the card

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Kcowie Are you using Sign and Tip? If you are you can settle a payment and add the tip from the Transactions section of the app.

Or, if you were in an area where the internet was weak you might need to connect your device to wifi/check your wifi settings before following the steps in app. Alternatively the Transaction Status report will show a list of any incomplete payments sign in to your online Square Dashboard to view this report) and you'll see the option to click Charge for to complete an incomplete payment.

I hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

@Kcowie Are you using Sign and Tip? If you are you can settle a payment and add the tip from the Transactions section of the app.

Or, if you were in an area where the internet was weak you might need to connect your device to wifi/check your wifi settings before following the steps in app. Alternatively the Transaction Status report will show a list of any incomplete payments sign in to your online Square Dashboard to view this report) and you'll see the option to click Charge for to complete an incomplete payment.

I hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2