x

Square Terminal: What are the troubleshooting steps to connect it to a WiFi?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square stays offline unless connected to a hotspot  

If I use my mobile hotspot, my square works just fine. Once I connect it to my WiFi at my business, all of the sudden it goes through offline and will not come up. My WiFi is working fine for everything else here. This is the second day in a row that I've had to run the square through my hotspot. Please help

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bund_Up!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Looks like @Pelicans hasn't gotten a chance to get back to us. In the meantime, have you tried the troubleshooting steps listed in this article?

I've had the best luck with the reset. Resetting your Terminal will require you to sign back in, so be sure you have your account password close by. To reset from your Square Terminal:

1. In the upper left hand corner, tap the three horizontal lines.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to Device and choose General > About Terminal.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.
  5. Tap Reset one last time and the countdown will begin and your Terminal will reset.

Note: If you’re unable to access the Terminal settings, hold down the power button for 40 seconds to perform a manual factory reset.

Once the reset is complete, you’ll need to reconnect to your internet connection and sign back in. I hope this helps! Let me know if not. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Pelicans, welcome to the seller community! Sorry to hear about the trouble with your connection—that sounds strange. 🤔

Is there any chance that your business WiFi is setup with firewall protections? If so, have a look at Sean's reply in this thread and let us know if that resolves this: Square Whitelisted Firewall Rules.

Hope this clears things up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Hi, Were you able to solve this? Our Terminal just started doing this 2 days ago too and nothing is working. Only works if connected to other wifi or terminal.

Was it a whitelisting issue? 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bund_Up!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Looks like @Pelicans hasn't gotten a chance to get back to us. In the meantime, have you tried the troubleshooting steps listed in this article?

I've had the best luck with the reset. Resetting your Terminal will require you to sign back in, so be sure you have your account password close by. To reset from your Square Terminal:

1. In the upper left hand corner, tap the three horizontal lines.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to Device and choose General > About Terminal.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.
  5. Tap Reset one last time and the countdown will begin and your Terminal will reset.

Note: If you’re unable to access the Terminal settings, hold down the power button for 40 seconds to perform a manual factory reset.

Once the reset is complete, you’ll need to reconnect to your internet connection and sign back in. I hope this helps! Let me know if not. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4