x

Terminal printer door not connecting?

The printer door came off entirely when we replaced the paper the other day and can’t figure out how to re attach it. Thought it was broken but Square sells replacement doors so there must be a way to get it back on. Hoping for some help!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @heybeautyspot 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

So sorry to hear about the trouble with your printer door - but I'm unsure which device you are using. Are you referring to the Square Terminal?

If so, I would recommend setting the printer - sans door - on a flat surface. Take the printer door, and also lay it down flat, linked up as though you have just opened the printer door to exchange a paper roll.

Once the two are aligned and both on a flat surface, you should be able to gently push them together until you hear a click, which will confirm attachment.

Let me know if that works for you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Hi @heybeautyspot 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

So sorry to hear about the trouble with your printer door - but I'm unsure which device you are using. Are you referring to the Square Terminal?

If so, I would recommend setting the printer - sans door - on a flat surface. Take the printer door, and also lay it down flat, linked up as though you have just opened the printer door to exchange a paper roll.

Once the two are aligned and both on a flat surface, you should be able to gently push them together until you hear a click, which will confirm attachment.

Let me know if that works for you!

Joe
Message 2 of 6

Thanks! Sorry I didn't specify but yes it was the square terminal. We were able to get it re-attached, thanks again! 

Message 3 of 6

I love it! Thanks for bouncing back and letting us know 🍻 😎

Cheers! @heybeautyspot

Joe
Message 4 of 6

i have the same printer door on the handheld. mine came off. I snapped it back in but it will not shut all the way. It is as if something is blocking it. can you help

Message 5 of 6

Hey @shaun4 and welcome to the Community.

If you've already tried the troubleshooting that @Joe listed above but it won't stay on, I'd recommend contacting the third party brand it's through for extra tips.

We wouldn't be able to advise much further than what he put there.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 6