x

Terminal won't connect to WIFI

Our Terminal Square won't connect to WIFI. It says : Impossible to connect because you are using a public network without security. But i'm using my private WIFI which is protected by a password. Why it won't connect? It used to for the past 3 years.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @GroupeHabicom,

We appreciate you getting in touch with this question! Square Terminal Wi-Fi troubleshooting involves some trial and error but there are a few network requirements we can refer to in this case.

If you're receiving the message that your network is not compatible, please review the linked article above to compare your network settings with our recommended settings.

It's important to note that not all networks are compatible with the Square Terminal as they may pose a security risk when processing payments.

If your network meets the above requirements and you're still running into issues, please reach out to our Support Team at 855-809-9000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday - Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2