x

USB Connectivity issues

I have connectivity issues with the Bluetooth reader and my Samsung S10 +. Frequently, after I began to connect the reader, it would say "establishing connection" and then change to "reader not ready". Sometimes, rebooting my phone may help to connect. And I have to use the chip reader. And intermittently, I would get a red bar saying something like I have no internet signal. But I do have both internet and wifi connection. I had frequently rebooted the reader and I still have the same problem. I find it frustrating. I paid $60 for the reader and it really should connect at the least. NOT HAPPY AND BAD FOR MY BUSINESS. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Soon. Really sorry you've been having trouble with the reader. That is definitely frustrating. 

If you haven't yet, I would go through these troubleshooting steps for the Contactless and Chip Reader. These steps will typically help get the reader back up and running the way it should. However if you keep running into connection issues, you can definitely reach out to our Customer Success Team for some additional troubleshooting.

Let me know if anything else comes up! Thanks again for your post.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Hi Nika,

Yes, I had done everything that you suggested already before I asked for help here. And today, I was able to connect and an hour later, it got disconnected. When I tried to connect again, It would tried to establish connection and then I get a reader not ready message. And it not longer connect when I tried again. I have to resolve to use the chip reader. I am beginning to think it is the reader. Is there anyway I can get a replacement ? Thanks.

Soon

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Darn. Sorry that didn't help the cause @Soon. You can definitely reach out to our Customer Success Team. They'll be able to see if you're eligible for warranty. We can't see into account specifics here so your next best step would be to reach out to the team.

Hope everything gets sorted out for you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4