x

What are the troubleshooting steps for Square Terminal?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original.

I am using the terminal to make a sale; I have entered the amount of the sale, entered “charge and after entering my sale on my terminal and inserting the card, it tells me to re-insert card

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there and welcome to the Seller Community! It sounds like there may need to be some troubleshooting for your Square Terminal, so try the steps below and let me know if you still have issues accepting chip cards:

• Ensure that your Square Terminal is charged and that you have a strong Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
  • If you are processing a chip card, double check the chip on your customer’s card is facing up. Keep your customer’s card in the reader until prompted on your device’s screen to remove the card.
  • Make sure your Square Terminal is charged and on. Square Terminal needs to have charge to process payments.
  • Double check that your software is up to date. To update your Square Terminal software, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner and select Settings. Scroll to the device section, tap General > About Terminal > Software Update.

Also, are you able to swipe cards and manually enter transactions?

Thanks, again!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there and welcome to the Seller Community! It sounds like there may need to be some troubleshooting for your Square Terminal, so try the steps below and let me know if you still have issues accepting chip cards:

• Ensure that your Square Terminal is charged and that you have a strong Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
  • If you are processing a chip card, double check the chip on your customer’s card is facing up. Keep your customer’s card in the reader until prompted on your device’s screen to remove the card.
  • Make sure your Square Terminal is charged and on. Square Terminal needs to have charge to process payments.
  • Double check that your software is up to date. To update your Square Terminal software, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner and select Settings. Scroll to the device section, tap General > About Terminal > Software Update.

Also, are you able to swipe cards and manually enter transactions?

Thanks, again!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2