x

Where are my deposits for Interac Debit payments?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Has anyone out there not been paid for their debits using the new recorder?”.

Has anyone not been paid for their debits using the new debit/tap?

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @oxalis-rose

Payments accepted by tap using the Contactless + Chip Card reader (including Interac Debit Tap payments) are deposited the same way as other card payments. 

How are you processing Interac Debit Tap payments? Are you clicking "charge" from the Point of Sale app and making sure the transaction processes before sending your customer on their way? This video shows the payments flow: 

Please let me know, or contact our Support Team directly for more help. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @oxalis-rose

Payments accepted by tap using the Contactless + Chip Card reader (including Interac Debit Tap payments) are deposited the same way as other card payments. 

How are you processing Interac Debit Tap payments? Are you clicking "charge" from the Point of Sale app and making sure the transaction processes before sending your customer on their way? This video shows the payments flow: 

Please let me know, or contact our Support Team directly for more help. 

Message 2 of 17

I have the same problem, made a sale 4 days ago,  i can see the receipt,  i see the tramnsaction but no deposit to the bank. Yesturday another customer paid by debit card and no transactions as well, she noticed it on her bank account that by the end of the day there is no transaction, so she contacted me in order to bring cach ... Whats going on ?

Message 3 of 17
Admin

Hello @Anna_Perena, thanks for reaching out. I'm very sorry for the confusion with your deposit. If you're still having any trouble reconciling your payments, this may help clear things up: Match Deposits To Sales.

If not, please let our Customer Success Team know—they'll be able to take a deeper dive!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 17

Same here, I had a bunch of transaction on over the weekend and I receive an email saying depoits made but I see not depoits. What's going on?

Message 5 of 17
Admin

@byuen Really sorry to hear you haven't received your deposit. It looks like our CS team has reached out to you by email about this. If you still need help with this go ahead and reply to that email or call our team directly so they can take a closer look. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 17

Hi there,

So basically all deposits have finally arrived but a day later than what was indicated on the schedule. I was worried something was wrong. 

Thanks for following up. I hope this delay was isolated and I will keep and eye on thing this coming weekend.

Thanks

Bpb

Message 7 of 17
Admin

Hey again, really glad to hear that!

One thing to keep in mind is that for payments taken over the weekend your deposit will be initiated on Sunday night and should be available in your bank on Monday. But that does also depend on your bank's processing speeds. Sometimes it can take an extra day for a bank to complete the deposit, and post to the money to your account. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 17

I found that was the problem - client had a debit card without interac option and i used the "other" option then the Square app asked me by the payment method, unfortunately i didn't paid my attention to the warning that said that "other" can be used only for the record and not for the actual transaction. Unfortunately i can't reach the client now in order to receive real payment ...

Message 9 of 17

I'm also having the same problem.  I had taken a debit on Sunday and still have not received the money into the account.  It shows on that it should have gone to the bank but it didn't.  Please help me correct this.

Thank you for your help

Heather 

Message 10 of 17
Admin

Hey @Heather1622-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Are you able to see the payment/transfer here? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 11 of 17
Admin

Oh no @Anna_Perena, very sorry to hear that. If you contact our CS team they might be able to get in touch with your customer if they provided their email or number to receive a digital receipt.

You're right, the option that says 'Other' will only record a transaction, it won't process a payment. This post has the steps to process an Interac debit card with Square with video, and step-by-step instructions just below the video. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 17

Thanks Helen, unfortunatly i saw this video directly from youtube and in the video it's not that obvious that you can't accept non interac debit cards, hoverwere this information exist on your provided post page, i saw this page after a digging for the solution of the problem. Pleas make this more obvious for the new Square customers that you can't accept non interac debit cards right now. Hopefully it's will be solved in the future because your sewrvice is awsome and this a major con which is pooshing me to swith to another service provider.
I'll try to contact support, that customer leaves the feedback but with option no reply so defenetly Square have her phone number or email.

Message 13 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @Anna_Perena

I agree that we can do a bit better on making this information more easily accessible. I'll pass this feedback along to our Content team, but hopefully we address this with a full on product update in the future like you mentioned. 

Keep an eye out for updates!

Message 14 of 17

For me it has been over 6 weeks since the last deposit. I tried calling Emailing . No answer.  My email is [redacted]@hotmail.com 

Message 15 of 17

I have not get any deposit since last Monday.  What is going on . I need someone to call me at [Personal Information Redacted].

Message 16 of 17

YES. It has been mo deposit since January 6. After so many Emails.  And I send them all the information they ask of me. I got am Email say everything is ok your money will be release in 2-3 days. It us 3 weeks now with mo money. And no one to answer me

Message 17 of 17