x

Why am I getting “account ineligible” after connecting the Square reader?

Why am I getting “account ineligible” after connecting Bluetooth to the square reader. 

Full disclosure, just recently signed up to square and linked my account, yesterday. 

Thanks for for your help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Felisandleveret! Welcome to the Seller Community. 

It sounds like you may of purchased the reader in a different country than the one you're currently trying to use it in. They are landlocked to where they're purchased so you'd only be able to use the reader in the country where it was purchased. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I will be returning all your product to amazon as defective merchandise as per your advice of it being ineligible to be used in the country it was sold in. This is very disconcerting. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

@Felisandleveret I'm so sorry that you couldn't use the reader you received in Canada! You could order the reader from the Square Online Store or from other retailers like Staples or Apple.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Where should they be bought

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Correct @Rittwage14

Readers purchased on our Hardware Shop will come ready to be linked on any location but they will lock to the location that they are first paired to. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

I'm glad I checked because I was going to buy one of eBay because I'm currently using the swipe reader so I'll buy one off of your website instead

Message 7 of 7