x

Why am I not able to create labels?

We have the Stand, and have everything hooked up. We have a DYMO Label Writer 450, and every driver installed, and have it set as the primary printer for our laptop at work, but still not seeing a drop down to allow us to print labels. Our browser is the latest version of Chrome, as well. How can I get this to work so we didn't waste our money on a non-functioning printer??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

I notice that you're located in Canada @ABCGabriola. Unfortunately, the ability to print labels with Square is currently only available with theSquare for Retail app - and that app hasn't been launched in Canada yet.  

I don't have an ETA to share for when the Retail app might be available in Canada but we'll certainly announce any udpates! I hope there's another way to use print labels with that printer outside of Square or that you can return or resell it in the meantime.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Hi - I see others looking for label printers here, too. Is this dymo a printer that would work for the single item printing so that we can create labels for our food boxes and drinks when ordered? the one square said is compatible is unavailable/obsolete. another one we are looking at is Brother QL-829NWB Label Printer with Bluetooth, but they said to check with square to see if it was compatible, It is compatible with ios.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @Coffee411 โ˜•

At this time, the Star Micronics TSP654SK Thermal printer is supported with iOS devices only. Repositionable thermal labels are heat resistant and can stick to virtually any surface, and can be removed easily and reapplied leaving behind no residue, which I beliebve is what you're looking for. 

The Star TSP654SK label printer is not currently sold on Square Shop, but you can purchase the printer through 3rd party providers like POS Portal and Amazon. Please ensure that you purchase the TSP654SK printer model โ€” and not the similarly named TSP654II receipt printer.

Note: You will want to purchase 80mm paper for this label printer (Part Number: 37963040Model Number: TRK80-D82-C24 KCLName: 80mm (3.15โ€) Thermal roll liner free full coverage for TSP654SK)

As far as the Brother QL-829NWB goes, it's not tested by Square, so while it may work just fine, it's not technically "supported," so I wouldn't be able to suggest it from here. Let us know if you end up going that route, and it works for you. 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 6

Hello, 

Will the network version of this printer work as well?

TSP654L-24

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Btruppi great question. You can check any hardware compatibility on our Hardware Compatibility by Device page. It looks like the Ethernet printer TSP654L will work with the Square Stand. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6