x

Why isn't my Square reader showing up on Bluetooth?

The square reader will flash 4 green lights and then flash the 4 orange lights when I try to pair it with my phone. My Bluetooth is not finding the square reader, This is frustrating because I just took a payment this morning and in the evening it all of a sudden canโ€™t be found on the bluetooth

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Melanie1

Just to be sure, you're pairing the reader on the settings page of your Point of Sale App and not the bluetooth settings of your phone. Could you take me through the steps you're taking to pair the reader?  

Just a reminder, you can find the steps to pair your reader here

Message 2 of 4

I have same issue, and I try to plug in magstripe, it doesn't work too. I try to reopen my iphone, reopen card reader even hold button for 20 sec restart , and my card reader is fully change, i use different phone to find this card reader, it just doesn't show up. please help me out

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @stevenW-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and really sorry to hear about these hardware issues you've been experiencing. 

Are other Bluetooth devices showing up on your device? I would try doing a hard reset on the reader, and then taking a look at these troubleshooting steps.

If those don't work, please don't hesitate to give our Support Team a call so we can make this right. 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4