x

WindFall Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Kit needed offline

I have my printer driven cash drawer from the WindFall Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Kit working at home on my internet. I need to make it work offline for a week or so becuase they couldn't get my internet working at the store. Also, can it work from a wireless access point?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Do you have a phone that is capable of being a personal hot spot?  if so you can use that to run Square and process credit cards.  As for your Printer and Drawer.  Is your printer Ethernet?  If so will not be able to use it until you can get your network going.   

Yes, you can hook everything up to a router without internet.  Square will then be able to open the drawer and print but it will not be able to process cards.  You can't go a week in offline mode and offline mode is risky anyway.  Not to mention many other functions don't work without internet.

Message 2 of 4

The kit included:

• Square Contactless and Chip Reader
  • Receipt printer paper (25 rolls)
  • Heckler Windfall Stand for Galaxy Tab A 10.1"
  • Ethernet Receipt Printer
  • 16 in. Printer-Driven Cash Drawer

Is there any way that I can use the cash drawer (aside from the key) ? I'm not planning on taking credit until my internet is up. I own a laundromat and the customers have never had a credit option. So I can roll it out later.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Yes,  If you have your wireless router.  Just set it up like you normally would you just will not have internet.  As long as your printer and iPad are connected to the router the drawer will open and you can print tickets.

Message 4 of 4