x

iphone 5

I have two IPhone 5 POS systems that worked fine on Sept 25, but both fail to connect with chip readers on Oct 2nd. Both systems  are on LTE networks and chip readers are Bluetooth paired in IOS settings and I have tried all recommended troubleshooting techniques.  My IPhone 6 systems are fine.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Which version of iOS are the iPhone 5's running on?

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @sgkirkland,

Welcome to the Seller Community! Great to see you posting for the first time.😊

Aside from @MJD's question, (which is important because all devices being used with the contactless and chip reader and the app itself must be updated at all times for optimal functionality) How do you have your 5 POS systems set up currently?

One important thing to note when pairing, there needs to be at minimum a 10ft. distance from other devices that use the contactless and chip reader in order to not interfere with the initial pairing. 

Look forward to reading your response so we can further troubleshoot together! 😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

Just incase this speeds up the process, the iPhone 5 is limited to iOS 14.7.1 therefore is not able to run the latest available software 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 7

Both phones are model 5s running IOS 12.5.4.

Message 5 of 7

After updating to IOS 12.5.5, now both phones will pair with their respective readers. ?? Don't know why that worked.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @sgkirkland,

Good to see you posting again in the Seller Community, welcome back!

In order for full optimal functionality of any device or app we have, the devices/apps themselves as well as the device they are being used with must always be up to date.

This will ensure your reader (in this instance) will function properly and that you won't encounter any issues moving forward.

I'm glad to hear updating your phone/tablet fixed whatever error you were encountering.😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7