x

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to schedule multi packs with Square Appointments?

Hoping to find some help here.  We offer a service that clients can pay for and book appointments online. Great. The problem is that there are discounted packages if multiple treatments are purchased at one time, if this option is chosen, the client is only able to schedule one appointment as opposed to multiple separate appointments for each of the treatments they purchase.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks in advance. 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Create Recurring Invoices in the Square App

Hello @coriumesthetics!

As a workaround you could use recurrning invoices with Square Appointments for a package, and view the number of invoices remaining in the series. However, you can't images to a recurring invoice series, I'm sorry!

Another workaround is to create a single service for package deals you offer but you'd need to track the number of sessions completed manually. You could ask customers to contact you directly for packages, and then schedule each session in the package deal as a separate appointment to ensure clients are charged for each session.

I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers are interested in using Appointments to create and manage packages. We'll update the status to give you a heads up about any developments on this feature request.

As for your question about marketing by text - you might like to subscribe to this separate thread for updates! 

Verified Answer

Re: How to schedule multi packs in appointments

Yep! While we don't have a way to automatically apply discounts when customers book more than one service, you can create bundles as individual services. For example if you are a personal trainer, you can list 5 sessions at the discounted price as one appointment. 

When your customer comes in for their first appointment, you then can manually book their next, or all upcoming, appointments through your Appointments Dashboard. In your client information section of Dashboard you have the ability to add notes and view past appointments so you can keep track of their remaining appointments even if the schedule one at a time! 

233 Comments
Admin

Hello @RespiraVita! I've added your post to this thread where we're tracking this feature request and where we've shared a couple of workarounds too. I hope one works for you! 

We'll update this thread to let everyone know if there's a streamlined package feature available with Square Appointments in future. 

Yes, I'm also interested in this answer. Are you able to set up a class like (spin or cardio)? We are looking to use the appointment calendar to track attendee to our weekly group classes.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @domingom

The ability to book classes or groups with Square Appointments at this time isn't available unfortunately, but we're continuing to look into this.

It's being tracked by our Appointments team, and hopefully we can update this in the near future. Keep an eye out for updates!

The 1 on 1 sessions are sold in packages. If I sold a 10 pack of sessions I would like to log, record, and minus a session every time the customer came in for the 1 on 1 session. Once it’s the last session then I would know to let the customer know if they would like to buy another 10 sessions

Alumni

Ah, gotcha @Sportsalleyinfo ! Sort of like a digital 'punch pass' you can track for your clients. This is a solid ask, but I'm afraid I don't have any info to share around this nor about the timeline for class booking with Appointments.  

There's no perfect workaround for session tracking, but I've merged your post with this thread so you can take a look at Helen's suggestion - maybe it'll help to set up recurring invoices and break them up on a cadence you and your client both agree on. This will help track the sessions. 

I'll be sure to keep you posted when I hear any updates! 

I want to know the stats on what percentage of square customers are retailers, restaurants and SERVICE PROVIDERS?  I'm gonna bet that the amount of money square makes from service providers warrants attention to the request of tracking service packages.  

I am also very frustrated.  I switched from Vagaro a few years ago hoping to integrate both credit card processing and scheduling, However the base of my business (skincare) is sold on membership packages.  I have kept a minimal Vagaro script just in case Square didn't work.  Wow.  3 years later I am still patiently waiting for an app or upgrade to track packages.  You may think counting the visits is the basic problem.  It's not.  We charge the package on visit one, promo off the other 11 visits and It looks like an accounting nightmare.  Its the financial aspect.  Someone mentioned using gift cards...can't have 100's of loaded cards sitting around with money on them either.  Does anyone currently have a better idea about how to track these visits financially?  I may have to switch over which I desperately do not want to do but again such an accounting nightmare.

We are a kid's gym and offer 10-packs of visits for open play for clients. Can I decrement a visit each time a clients comes in? For example, I sell them a 10-pack, they come in and use 1 visit. Can square reflect that they now have 9 visits left?

Alumni

Hey there, @tchsped !

This is a popular feature request that we're currently tracking. In the meantime, perhaps you might be interesting in setting up recurring invoices for the amount of sessions on a monthly cadence. Check out @Helen's best answer to learn more! 

Yeah, I do the same I sell the Packages as an Item. Example - 6 sessions $432 that way I know its on the persons account and then I track it manually but like you said since its a service so I have to book a 1hr session at $85 for each visit and then I comp it which i dont think is a good way to do it. Honestly, it really shows how much square cares to implement this feature into the app considering its been 3 years and multiple people have been requesting it but yet they implement other features instead of this one.... Im thinking about creating a service thats $0 for clients that buy packages so I dont have to comp each visit. Think this might be better for accounting.