x

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to schedule multi packs with Square Appointments?

Hoping to find some help here.  We offer a service that clients can pay for and book appointments online. Great. The problem is that there are discounted packages if multiple treatments are purchased at one time, if this option is chosen, the client is only able to schedule one appointment as opposed to multiple separate appointments for each of the treatments they purchase.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks in advance. 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Create Recurring Invoices in the Square App

Hello @coriumesthetics!

As a workaround you could use recurrning invoices with Square Appointments for a package, and view the number of invoices remaining in the series. However, you can't images to a recurring invoice series, I'm sorry!

Another workaround is to create a single service for package deals you offer but you'd need to track the number of sessions completed manually. You could ask customers to contact you directly for packages, and then schedule each session in the package deal as a separate appointment to ensure clients are charged for each session.

I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers are interested in using Appointments to create and manage packages. We'll update the status to give you a heads up about any developments on this feature request.

As for your question about marketing by text - you might like to subscribe to this separate thread for updates! 

Verified Answer

Re: How to schedule multi packs in appointments

Yep! While we don't have a way to automatically apply discounts when customers book more than one service, you can create bundles as individual services. For example if you are a personal trainer, you can list 5 sessions at the discounted price as one appointment. 

When your customer comes in for their first appointment, you then can manually book their next, or all upcoming, appointments through your Appointments Dashboard. In your client information section of Dashboard you have the ability to add notes and view past appointments so you can keep track of their remaining appointments even if the schedule one at a time! 

233 Comments

@Helen I'm using the suggested workaround, but here's another voice for needing a more elegant option for offering discounts on packages for appointment-based services.

Does anyone have any tips for scheduling and tracking client's appointments using this workaround?  I have an idea of how I'll do it, but I'm sure there are methods I haven't considered.

Thanks!

Still waiting for this solution for years now.  Very disappointed in Squares absolute lack of response to this request from so many customers.   

We sell prepaid packages ( with a value for the customer by offering a discount over single purchases) and use a workaround of selling the package as a single item and then we have to sell another item for future visits and discount it as 100% prepaid comp.  It creates gross sales reporting inaccuracies and and we have to keep track of customer balances manually.

Even if the eGift cards that Square offers allowed you to preload x number of Items vs just a dollar amount we could work with that.  But to not have any simple solution for such a common service business sales practice is unreal.

Admin

Hi @321Fitness. I'm really sorry for the disappointment. I went to check and see if there were any updates I could give to you and others here, but unfortunately there isn't any new news.

Really appreciate the continued patience while our team works through different feature requests.

I am also very interested in this. I am a reflexologist. I sell package deals that lower the per session cost to encourage clients to prepay and book. Is there a way to sell this option, and Square keep track of the sessions? For example, I sell a package that includes 10-30 minute sessions. Each time the client checks in/out Square would deduct the appropriate # of sessions. For me that would be 1 or 2, either 30 or 60 minute session depending on how they booked. This would help tremendously. Thank you!

Thinking on using square for my yoga studio. I know that for fix prices, square is the way to go for me. Example a drop-in class for $15. 

Can I sale packages for classes? For example a pack o 3 classes that will stay attached to that customer until used in full?

Thanks

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Antwynette! Thanks for adding your voice here. I agree - the ability to deduct sessions from appointment bookings would be a great addition to the Appointments Service in general.

I'm passing your Feature Request along to our Product Teams! We will be sure to reach back out on this thread with any updates going forward.

I would like to add my voice to this thread as well. I run a body waxing salon and would love to offer series/packages of my services. I love everything about Square, it is a seamless system and if I run into a problem, I am able to find a solution quickly. But this has made me regret working with them. I have read the "work-around" options but if my business continues to grow at the rate it is, I would have to manually keep track of 100s of gift cards with the services loaded on them. What a nightmare! Please come up with a solution, this would improve the lives of so many small business owners.

Alumni

@dcbcw19 - Thanks for adding to this thread. I understand some of the workarounds suggested aren't ideal and we're working diligently to improve in this area.

I've added your post as another tally mark on the back-end of this feature request for tracking! 

As a massage and meditation studio, we are selling prepaid packages through Square. Our clients get a better price as they buy more.

is there any way to track this in their customer account? Have you solved this issue yet?

I have to keep a manual spreadsheet to track their visits instead of square being able to deduct each visit from their account- not fun.

then also in Appointments, when they book their session online- I have to go in and comp it or Lately I’ve been creating another service of “prepaid 60min deep tissue” at $0.00... so I can still check them out of their appointments.... seems odd and not great for accounting purposes...

I’ve seen plenty of threads from 2017 and 2018 with many others having this same issue. Any updates on this topic?

Alumni

Thanks for checking in on this, @Zenden. I did a quick peek on this feature request, and at this time, you'd need to use a workaround to manage these packages.

@Helen provided a workaround here in this thread. I've also added your post here so that you'll receive a notification if this feature becomes available in future, and so our product team has visibility into the example you've provided in your post.