x

How to I show an appointment is virtual?

I have BOTH in-person and virtual appointment types. I have the items created but the address of my biz shows on the calendar and reminders, even if it is a virtual appointment.

Thank you

Kathy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @moveabilities

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. 

There is an option in your Appointment Settings where you have the ability to select the preferences for your appointments. The first option is "Where do you accept appointments?" - where you can select Business location and Customer Location. 

At this time, this is the closest option to what you're looking for. Your more specific feature would be a Feature Request for our Development Team. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Thank you Kassi - 

I did see those options when I was poking around... Quick clarification, though, can I specify business location and customer location based on the service provided?

Many thanks,

Kathy

Message 3 of 8

@moveabilities

Thank you for your reply! 

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to make the customer or business locations to a specific service. It's all or nothing with your Appointment Settings. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 8

How do I put a location as virtual on the Square Appointments confirmation or the service details/information?

(the only location option is my usual place of business, currently closed due to COVID)

Message 5 of 8

Ahh, you can't set the location to virtual, but Appointments offers a phone option. Not ideal but I can pass your ideas up to our Product Team.  

Totally understand the need for a virtual option though,  especially in the mist of Covid. Lately we've been pushing out tons of features to keep sellers and their customers safe and to keep businesses operational. Hopefully we can push this one also. 

I moved you to a thread to start tracking everyone who's looking for the same feature. that way it'll be easier to find you when there's an update to share 🙂

@averyintl

Justin
Message 6 of 8

I would really like to see virtual added too. 

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Square, please add a feature to appointments to schedule virtual appointments. Right now the only options we have is for at my business, phone or at clients address. We need a virtual option. Thank you. 

Message 8 of 8