x

Is there "recurring appointment" option in Square Appointments?

I am a nail tech and most of my clients are recurring appointments. On StyleSeat I'm able to choose where they come back weekly or every 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks and so on. Does square also have this option?

Message 1 of 79
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This thread has been updated to reflect the correct steps, as they have changed since an answer was originally posted here.

You can absolutely schedule recurring appointments using Square Appointments, right from the Calendar tab in your Square Dashboard! 

Follow these steps to create a set of repeating appointments:

1. Click Create Appointment in the top right-hand corner.
  2. Enter your client's information in the Client Information section.
  3. Within the Appointment Details section, check the box next to the word Repeat. Checking this box will create a new field titled End Repeating, where you can choose for the appointment to recur for a certain number of appointments, or until a specific date.
  4. Fill in the remaining details on this screen, and click Save

Learn more about this in our Support Center - reach out if you need any help!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 79
78 REPLIES 78
Alumni

Thanks for clarifying @KuaBody! I'm sharing your comments with our product manager for appointments. I personally love the ease of Google calendar too so I understand the desire to have something similar 👍

Message 22 of 79

I wanted to check in and see if anything with recurring appoinments have been updated? I am looking to book appointments on the 1st Thursday of the month 2nd Tuesday of the month, etc. 

Message 23 of 79

Nope 👎🏼 

Message 24 of 79
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TextureExpert

Only the Square Seller is able to set up a recurring appointment series at this time. 

While customers can book a one time appointment only, you can click on the appointment they've booked from your Appointments Calendar and check the "repeat" box and set up a recurring series from your end. 

Message 25 of 79

Hello! I am a piano teacher and would really like to see a recurring option for my customers. I book my lessons with a weekly timeslot for each student. For example, Sally Sue has a lesson every Monday at 5pm. I hold their weekly slot for them (so others cannot use it) unless they tell me they cannot make the slot. Right now I am using the appointments calendar to update my studio schedule, but it would be really nice to let my students schedule their own lessons. 

OR

Another idea, would be to connect the invoicing to the appointments. I schedule the appointments and then can automatically (not manually) invoice them for the slots they are scheduled for. Right now I am creating the recurring slots. Then I go into invoices and create the Bill that way. Just an idea. Thanks!

Message 26 of 79
Alumni

Hi @Pianoteacher - I used to play a lot of piano back in the day, so I understand the struggles of scheduling! Your customers now have the option to create an account for themselves. See this product update for more information.

Also, have you tried using recurring invoices for your appointments (go to "Create Recurring Invoice Series")? Not sure if that would be helpful, but I'll also share your feature request to link invoicing with appointments. 

Message 27 of 79
Beta Member

I'm really disappointed that I cannot allow my clients to schedule recurring appointments. This is the one feature that is keeping me from switching over to Square. Please add this feature!

Message 28 of 79
Alumni

Best Answer

This thread has been updated to reflect the correct steps, as they have changed since an answer was originally posted here.

You can absolutely schedule recurring appointments using Square Appointments, right from the Calendar tab in your Square Dashboard! 

Follow these steps to create a set of repeating appointments:

1. Click Create Appointment in the top right-hand corner.
  2. Enter your client's information in the Client Information section.
  3. Within the Appointment Details section, check the box next to the word Repeat. Checking this box will create a new field titled End Repeating, where you can choose for the appointment to recur for a certain number of appointments, or until a specific date.
  4. Fill in the remaining details on this screen, and click Save

Learn more about this in our Support Center - reach out if you need any help!

Valentina
Message 29 of 79

Specifically, I am referring to my clients being able to schedule more than one appointment themselves. For instance, as a teacher, I have students who come more than once a month. They go online and schedule lessons and typically they will need to schedule three or four 60-minute lessons in a month on their own based on my opened availability. This is not currently a feature that I'm aware of. This feature is used by tutors, personal trainers, music teachers, therapists, etc. It is extremely disappointing that this option is not available. Is there someone from the software team that can be made aware of this? It would be as simple as creating a drop-down that says "recurring appointments" and then students can select more than one appointment time. 

Message 30 of 79
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mkarl1001 Thank you for sharing and taking the time to explain how this would be important to your business. 

While we do not have a way to allow your clients to book recurring appointments themselves, you can book the recurring appointments for them in either the Appointments app or the dashboard. I know it would be more convenient to have the customers do this themselves, and I will share this feedback with our team, but for now this is the workaround we have, and if you have clients come in at a regular basis, this should be an easy side step to save you and the client more time in the future. 🙂

To schedule recurring appointments from the Dashboard:

1. Click and drag the block of time you’d like to book.
  2. Enter client information, service, appointment notes, and book a staff member.
  3. Click Repeat and set the repeating schedule > click Save.

To create a recurring appointment from the Android iOS app:

Create a recurring appointment at the time of booking:

1. On your calendar, click the plus symbol to add an appointment.
  2. Add appointments details and tap Recurs.
  3. Set frequency of recurrence.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 31 of 79

Regarding your answer, is it possible that once the recurring appointments are booked that a client can then go and reschedule any of the standing appointments? If so how do I choose that option in the settings.

Message 32 of 79
Alumni

Hello and welcome to the Community, @garrett222 👋

While a singular appointment can be rescheduled by a client, recurring appointments can only be rescheduled by the seller. It is not currently possible for a client to reschedule a singular appointment that is part of a recurring series. I hope this helps!

Valentina
Message 33 of 79

Is there a way to send a contract only for certain appointment types. I have a massage business and want an appointment option for monthly billing/contract. Or would it be better to have that option but not send a contract and then send the contract somehow with the monthly automatic billing invoice? 

Message 34 of 79
Admin

Welcome @kattykathey

Currently there's not a way for contracts to automatically begin when certain appointments are booked that would require monthly billing. In this scenario, it would probably be easiest to schedule recurring appointments. Valentina explains it best here. If you have other questions on it let us know!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 35 of 79

Thank you for this answer Valentina. When will this option be available for Clients to do?

Message 36 of 79
Beta Member

When will recurring appointments option be available for Clients to create?

Message 37 of 79

I have many clients that book their appointments on a reoccurring status and sometimes up to 1 yr in advance,  is this a possibility to do this automatically without going into each month and setting up an appointment

Message 38 of 79
Alumni

Hey @Clementine! I've merged your post with a thread on the same topic. Check out Tom's answer above for more information!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 39 of 79

How can I schedule a repeat appointment for the same day each month, i.e. second Tuesday each month?

Message 40 of 79

I would also like to know the answer to that question.  

Message 41 of 79

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How to customize the frequency of an appointment. I am looking for 2 weeks."

I need to make a reoccurring appointment for every two weeks at the same time.

Message 42 of 79