x

Is there "recurring appointment" option in Square Appointments?

I am a nail tech and most of my clients are recurring appointments. On StyleSeat I'm able to choose where they come back weekly or every 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks and so on. Does square also have this option?

Message 1 of 79
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This thread has been updated to reflect the correct steps, as they have changed since an answer was originally posted here.

You can absolutely schedule recurring appointments using Square Appointments, right from the Calendar tab in your Square Dashboard! 

Follow these steps to create a set of repeating appointments:

1. Click Create Appointment in the top right-hand corner.
  2. Enter your client's information in the Client Information section.
  3. Within the Appointment Details section, check the box next to the word Repeat. Checking this box will create a new field titled End Repeating, where you can choose for the appointment to recur for a certain number of appointments, or until a specific date.
  4. Fill in the remaining details on this screen, and click Save

Learn more about this in our Support Center - reach out if you need any help!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 79
78 REPLIES 78
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here in support of this feature, @Mbc1 - we agree, this feature would be helpful for so many Sellers utilizing common recurring appointments.

Should anything come down the pipeline, we will reach out and update everyone here. Thanks, again!

Joe
Message 64 of 79

i am trying to  schedule a service that  repeats on a daily basis, monday thru friday. is that possible to do on the scheduling app?

Message 65 of 79
Alumni

Yup! Moved you to a thread that will help @charlenespets

Justin
Message 66 of 79

Hello,

Our business has a great need to be able to schedule what Google calendar defines as "Customer" recurrence. That is, book recurrent appointments not simply based on weekly or monthly basis, but customize it to 1st Mondays of every month, or 3rd Wednesday of every month. 

I have gone through the tread of this particular discussion in the community coming across many other folks reporting this same need. and also found many other discussions that refer back to this same request, but for as long as this has been pointed out as an issue by Square customers, there is no solution so far.

Google Calendar as well as other platforms (competitors of Square) offer this solution.

I can't see how this would be complicated to be developed and I can stress enough the need to focus on such and make it available at the soonest.

Thank you for taking action on it.

Message 67 of 79

Hi! As a music teacher, I book my students 4 lessons at a time. 

I am wondering if there is a way to have my students book the 4 lessons, pay for it through square, and then in the appointments it will be reoccurring for 4 weeks. I am wondering if that is possible?

Before, I just had them book 1 appointment and pay for the 4 lessons. And then I would manually add the rest of the appointments in. But I like the feature of square reminding the students of the appointments made. 

So not sure if there is a way to reoccurring the appointments with the students already pay for it once.

Thank you!

Message 68 of 79

Welcome back, @Musiciannow

Yes, you can book recurring appointments through your Dashboard. Check out this ongoing thread where @Valentina provided a Best Answer on how to do that. 

Also, I have moved your post to this thread if you run into any issues or would like to chat with other sellers that have used this feature. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 69 of 79

Will square make an option to choose dates of the week for a recurring appointment on the appointment app? For example, Client "A" being booked Monday, Wednesday, Friday every week until "x" amount of visits or until a certain date.

Message 70 of 79

Welcome to the Community @Arthurs15

I am moving your post to a board that will have more information for you!

Ellie
Message 71 of 79
Beta Member

Hello - 

Would it be possible to add the option of having recurring/bi-weekly availability -as well as the option to set availability for the future ?

ie- Setting service appointments to occur twice a month (every other Tuesday...etc)

ie- To have the ability to open up the calendar for regular bookings in the future (ie. clients can book now (in January) for regular March appointments, without having to select individual available dates).

Message 72 of 79

Hey @Evan_R,

Thanks for writing in! I've moved your question to this thread where another seller had the same question. Let us know if you've got any other questions! 

Message 73 of 79
Beta Member

Hi @Arie - 

In our case, I was referring to was selecting regular/open time slots when setting availability on the calendar (which would appear on the calendar for customers to book). Is there a way to do that? 

Thank you!

Message 74 of 79

Hey there @Evan_R 

Right now, the Appointments calendar can only receive the available hours of your business.  I will pass this along with the other requested features here to our product team for their visibility. 

JJ
Message 75 of 79
Beta Member

I would like to see this feature integrated as well. As a cleaning company, it would be nice for clients to set their cleaning appointment as bi-weekly, monthly, weekly, etc., upon booking through Square appointments without having to set it manually. Additional feature requests that coincide with these would be:

- Option to add more than one service provider to an appointment simultaneously rather than one after another. This would be helpful when we have multiple cleaners at a single appointment, rather than having to schedule multiple appointments manually under multiple cleaners simultaneously.

- The option to auto-copy an employee's appointments into the shifts panel so you can get a more detailed view of their schedule vs. the labour that was worked without having to manually re-input every shift based on the appointments already booked in the calendar.

- The ability for employees to track a break period between two appointments without having to clock in. (That way, we as a company are paying for the break, rather than the client when they are taking a break between two appointments).

- Payroll available in Canada, please! Or some automated integration with Quickbooks for appointments. 

- Integrating the Team functions into the appointments app so that our employees don't have to download a separate app to swap shifts/appointments or communicate with each other.

-  Make invoicing based on appointments available from the desktop (currently only works from mobile to be able to invoice a client after their appointment to review/checkout). 

- Making the workday tab visible in the appointments mobile app so we can invoice clients for the time employees were clocked in for the appointment. Currently, I can only send appointment-based invoices from my mobile phone while having my laptop open to view the workday shift clock in and out times, but then having to create and send the invoices from my mobile phone. IT would be nice if we could do all of this directly from the web browser and mobile so that only one device is needed and it can be done on the go as our business does not have a physical location. 

- Being able to set different appointment daily limits for different cleaners. We have some eager young cleaners who can handle two cleaning appointments daily, but some older cleaners can only handle one. Currently, we have to adjust their schedule or create personal events in their calendars on a repeating schedule manually so that clients cannot book that specific cleaner for a second clean in one day. Alternatively, we can set it to one appointment per day but then have to manually add the rest of the appointments so that the other cleaners still get enough hours.

Message 76 of 79

Welcome to the Community, @PeachyClean

Thank you for bringing a lot of business insight when it comes to utilizing Appointments for your business. 

I am going to recommend posting this on our Ideate Board, so they can be added to the Feature Request process. Right now, each one of these would need their own post. Once more information becomes available, a Community Moderator will update the status on the post to keep you in the loop. 

If you find your idea has already been posted to the board, please add a comment that it is something you'd like to see too! 

Kassi
Message 77 of 79

looking for an update on this...I see the options of on day 16 of the month and also on the third Friday of the month. how can i make it on the second Tuesday of the month? Thanks in advance!

Message 78 of 79

Hey there @EasySpeak, you are able to schedule recurring appointments, I would check out this thread with more information. 

If this isn't what you are needing I would confirm with our Square Appointments Team at 1-855-700-6000 / squ.re/contactsqsupport if this is a feature request. If so please submit your request here and our team will certainly look more into this. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 79 of 79