x

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

Feature Request: Create packages including multiple services via Square Appointments

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to schedule multi packs with Square Appointments?

Hoping to find some help here.  We offer a service that clients can pay for and book appointments online. Great. The problem is that there are discounted packages if multiple treatments are purchased at one time, if this option is chosen, the client is only able to schedule one appointment as opposed to multiple separate appointments for each of the treatments they purchase.  Is there a way to make this work? Thanks in advance. 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Create Recurring Invoices in the Square App

Hello @coriumesthetics!

As a workaround you could use recurrning invoices with Square Appointments for a package, and view the number of invoices remaining in the series. However, you can't images to a recurring invoice series, I'm sorry!

Another workaround is to create a single service for package deals you offer but you'd need to track the number of sessions completed manually. You could ask customers to contact you directly for packages, and then schedule each session in the package deal as a separate appointment to ensure clients are charged for each session.

I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers are interested in using Appointments to create and manage packages. We'll update the status to give you a heads up about any developments on this feature request.

As for your question about marketing by text - you might like to subscribe to this separate thread for updates! 

Verified Answer

Re: How to schedule multi packs in appointments

Yep! While we don't have a way to automatically apply discounts when customers book more than one service, you can create bundles as individual services. For example if you are a personal trainer, you can list 5 sessions at the discounted price as one appointment. 

When your customer comes in for their first appointment, you then can manually book their next, or all upcoming, appointments through your Appointments Dashboard. In your client information section of Dashboard you have the ability to add notes and view past appointments so you can keep track of their remaining appointments even if the schedule one at a time! 

233 Comments

I think I'm asking for the same feature you're asking about. It's nice to see that there's likely more/many businesses that are wanting the same/similar feature. I'm crossing my fingers this feature becomes available. Do you know if any other Scheduling App offers this feature?  I might use SQUARE for Single-time-slot sales, but a different app (if there is one) that allows customers to purchase packages of pre-paid time-slots (Lessons, Tutoring, or whatever), and then allows those customers to book future time-slots they just purchased. If I find one I'll let you know.

This is very disappointing being in a spa business. Seeing that this has been a problem for 4 years now is ridiculous considering square is such a huge company. 

+1 for needing this feature.

Starting a new business and was planning to use Square for all POS needs. Now off to search for something more suitable, as package with draw down is basic and fundamental.

4 years in the backlog with no real updates does not provide any confidence that this feature will be developed at all.

Cheers

It would be a helpful software addition to provide for packages that didn't require an awkward process and additional fees.

How do i create a package deals for my customers. Im in the spa business and i offer deals that include a combination of facials and massages or just facials only. Where do i go to create these packages and how do i reduce the value after each treatment session.

Hi Tmbeauty @TMBEAUTY 

Helpful hint, need to category your items, then create modifiers.  Let me know if you need help within the modifier section, PM me, I will be up for a few hours.

example 12.jpg

Im confused is that how i create a package deal? I know how to use modifiers and all but im lost as to how i can create a package for the services i offer.

Alumni

@OpenHands

I hear you and totally understand the convenience of a prepaid package feature. Be on the lookout for future improvements. In the meantime, hopefully you adopt VanKalker's workaround while we work on updates!

Square Community Moderator

@TMBEAUTY you can create automatic discounts that will apply when a specific set of items are applied to a sale. I think this is exactly what you need and you can set them up here.

Since Square doesn't accommodate for a package purchase and relieving sessions as they are used (e.g tanning salon or fitness class packages), can you recommend a software/app that we could use in conjunction with Square to track package usage?  Unfortunately the gift card solution provided in other posts will not work because our packages are tailored to the customer and vary in dollar amounts, so it would be too much manual calculation for the front desk staff to calculate a "per-session" amount each time a package is used.  Any app suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!