x
Admin

Accept Apple Pay and Google Pay with Square

In this post weโ€™re sharing a quick overview of how to accept contactless payments like Apple Pay and Google Pay with Square.

Can I take Apple Pay/Google Pay using the Square Card Reader or the Square Terminal?

You can accept Apple Pay/Google Pay using your Square Card Reader or Square Terminal the same way you would a normal contactless card. There are no extra settings you need to enable in order to accept these types of payments.

To take a payment with the Square Card Reader:

1. Make sure your reader is connected with your device
  2. Open the Square app, enter a custom amount or item and then tap Charge.
  3. When you see one green light on the reader, itโ€™s ready to take your customerโ€™s payment. Ask your customer to hold their phone over the reader to complete the sale.

To take a payment with the Square Terminal

1. Make sure your Terminal is connected to a network via WiFI or Ethernet
  2. Enter a custom amount or select an item and then tap Charge.
  3. Ask your customer to hold their mobile device near the contactless symbol in the centre of the screen to accept the payment.

How can I set up Apple Pay/Google Pay on my Square Online site?

To accept Apple Pay and Google pay on your Square Online site:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page > Settings > Checkout
  2. Toggle on Accept Apple Pay an/or Accept Google Pay.

ink - 2020-12-08T171058.133.png

Please note: Customers will only see the option to pay via Apple Pay when using Safari as their browser. 

Learn more about how to accept card payments with Square Online site on our Support Centre

Can customers pay their invoices using Apple Pay/Google Pay?

Yes, customers can now pay for invoices using Apple Pay or Google Pay

Can I get an Apple Pay sticker for my business?

Squareโ€™s marketing kits donโ€™t include Apple Pay stickers right now, but you can order Apple Pay stickers directly from Appleโ€™s website.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2

I was wondering if a customer pays with Apple Pay from an invoice will the money go to my apple wallet or will it go to square 

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

When a customer pays with any form of payment, including Apple Pay, it'll go to Square.

Message 3 of 3