x
Alumni

How to: Start a New Thread in the Community

Hello! Let's take a quick tour of how to start a new thread in the Seller Community. 

Search first! 🔍

The first thing to check is whether or not your question has already been answered. You can do this by searching in the search box on the homepage. As you start typing, threads will appear below the text box.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 15.27.40.png

If one of the search results matches your question you can click on the title to open the thread. Otherwise, you can click on the Start Thread button to make a new post. 

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 15.28.03.png

Start a new thread! ✍️

If you start typing and threads don't pop up for you or the results don't answer your question you can start a new thread! You can do this right from the homepage or from the top of any board.

From the homepage search first and if you can’t find the post click Ask the Community underneath the search box. 

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 15.28.42.png

From the top of any board, click Start Thread to create a new thread with your question!

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 16.56.38.png

If you're new to the Seller Community, welcome! We're delighted to have you! Take a look around and make sure to check out our Community Orientation board too. 😊

Questions? Click reply below to let us know!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Beta Member

I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a new thread? Is there a certain user level that must be reached before being able to start a new thread?

Message 2 of 14
Super Seller

Message 3 of 14

Message 4 of 14

I need help. I am new and forgot to get a link to sign up under my friend can I change that so we both get the free processing 

Message 5 of 14
Alumni

Hey @Mskinca, welcome to Square! 🎉  Since this is a public forum, we can't get into too many details about your account, but if you email our support team we'll see if we can sort this out for you. Cheers! 

Message 6 of 14
Alumni

@RCT - wanted to let you know that we put this post together that explains how to start a new thread. Hope this helps clarify! 

Message 7 of 14

How to I delete a comment or turn off notifications for a thread??

Message 8 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SMW you can always unsubscribe from a thread by scrolling to the top of the thread page, selecting "Thread Options" and then "unsubscribe." I have a screenshot below on where this is located in this thread for you!

As far as deleting a post, that is not something you have the ability to do, but you can always send a moderator a private message if you would like a post to be deleted and we can help.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 14

Sandie

Hi 

Message 10 of 14
Admin

Welcome @Sandie123! Happy to have you here. 

I moved your post here so you can see step by step how you can create a post to ask about any questions you might have. Our Seller Community is a forum meant for seller to seller interaction, with a sprinkle of some of us Community moderators helping out. 🙂 Ask any questions you might have about our products and services, or feel free to peruse some topics and search keywords to bring up different threads with answers and convos. If at any time you feel lost, just start a new post or reply here and we'll be happy to help guide you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 14

Hi how can I get to my original question to see if anyone answered?

Message 12 of 14
Beta Member

Upselling or cross selling

we should have a feature on our websites where when someone purchases something it ask if they would like to add an item that compliments the item they added to their cart.

Message 13 of 14
Super Seller

hey @Qmextensions You should be able to follow the steps listed here to enable upselling for your website. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 14 of 14