x

Feature Request: Square for Restaurants Plus support on the Square Register

Beta Member

Feature Request: Square for Restaurants Plus support on the Square Register

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Register work with Square for Restaurants?

We are a dine in restaurant. We just implemented Square with  Register and two iPads in April. We see the announcement of Square for Restaurants.  Is it compatible with the Register?

38 Comments
Alumni

Hi @Magills08 - Square for Restaurants is only compatible with iPads at this time, so it will not work on Register. Sorry about this and we don't have an ETA for when it will become compatible. 

How are you currently syncing your Register and two iPads now for dine in service? I can pass on your set up to our team and see if they have any suggestions. 

Beta Member

We have Register linked via Ethernet to a kitchen printer, and the iPads via WiFi. We also have receipt printers at each location.  It all works beautifully with a minor glitch that causes long tickets to print multiple times (reported separately on forum). 

Has Square made the new register compatible with Square for restaurants yet?  

Super Seller

@TheWingBarAtl, Square for restaurants is on iPad only.

This comment was created by merging the thread "square for restaurant on the register". 

Hi, I am just wondering if there is anyway to integrate the "square for restaurant" onto the "Square register", When i login to the hardware it shows the full menu but does not show the the table layout or open tables and was wondering if its possible to have the exact same thing on the register.

Hello @MYST

I went ahead and merged your thread, since this question has been asked before. It helps keep the community organized when you're looking for a thread. 🙂

Currently Square for Restaurants is only available on iPads. If there are any updates we will post them here. 

Is there an ETA for when Square for Restaurants will be available on Square Register? It would be great to utilize the functionality of Square for Restaurants including all the third-party delivery integrations, the conversational ordering, and more.

Square Community Moderator

Hey, @Wyatt8 thanks for asking! I agree, this would be a really useful feature request for us to release. I've merged your post with an existing thread so we can have all these requests in one place, but do know we are actively working on this for you guys, so your requests are definitely being heard. I don't currently have a timeline to offer, but please keep an eye on this thread as we will post any updates!

Hi, I’ve loving to working with square, but now you guys definitely should think about a new design for the stand or allow square register to work with square restaurants

tks

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Renan 👋 Welcome here to the Seller Community! Thanks for joining us here! - so happy to have you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing similar thread of Sellers who are also voicing support for the Restaurants software to come to the Square Register.

While this is still yet to become available, and for the time being still considered a Feature Request, we truly do hope to have an update for you on this regard very soon. Stay tuned!

As always, we will continue to push out new updates and news here on this thread. Thanks for your patience!