x
Alumni

Seller Community Ranks

What is a rank?

Your rank is how you can keep track of your involvement in the Seller Community. If you’re continually active in the Community, your rank will change to show your progress. Ranks are intended to show other Community members your level of expertise and tenure, and to boost your personal reputation.

Why do some avatars have a different color or icon?

You may have noticed that some avatars in the community have a different background color, and some also include an icon. The colors are a quick way for everyone in the community to see someone’s rank.

As you rank up to higher levels, your background color will go from green, to blue, to purple all the way up to orange.Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 2.04.55 PM.png

If you become a Super Seller, your avatar will be updated to blue and it will feature the Super Seller logo.

Super Seller avatarSuper Seller avatar

If you join the Beta Community to help test new features and tools your avatar will be updated to have a teal background, and it will feature the Beta logo.

Beta Community avatarBeta Community avatar

Where do these ranks appear?

You’ll see your rank on your personal profile page, listed under your username. Your avatar will be included in every post or reply you make in the Seller Community, showing your rank color and logo if you have one.

What do I need to do to level up?

We can’t tell you exactly what it takes - what chef gives away the secret family recipe? 😉

Here’s what we can say: you’ll move to the next level by staying active in the Community. Keep replying to threads with high-quality answers and starting new conversations. Remember to give out likes for good comments and mark “best answers” as you see them.

The more you participate, the closer you’ll get to that next level! A good place to start is with the unanswered questions.

We’ll continue improving ranks with time. If we make any changes, we’ll update this post to let you know!

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

I am new to this community.  I also post on Google maps.  The benefit I get when I post on Google Maps is exposure.  My name is out there more.  Not sure about Square.  I posted one time and I got a rank of 3.  Hey, I may have figured something out just now.  Look below the posting box under "Additional options."  A window appears named "Message Tags."  Post a message like Freakin Cat did (see posts below).  The right tag could help you build your brand.  I don't know what is allowed here, but possibly you could use the message tag as a marketing tool. 

Message 22 of 46

I kind of agree. I mean someone that is really busy with their business doesn’t always have the time to stay active on here. This is my first day on here so I’m playing around since I have some free time and learning the site. But most days, my business can keep me busy from 7am to at least midnight. Who knows when I’ll get on here again.

Message 23 of 46

Tickets to an event would be a nice thank you for your business.  Square make a small fortune off us.  They are actually the best POS we have had.  

Message 24 of 46
Square Community Moderator

@Doroske We're so glad to hear that!

We really appreciate you and all you've done to help out in the Community.

You're awesome!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 46
Beta Member

Say, if you realy want to pay out the pocket, try using paypal. it nuts with all their fees and that. Next SQUARE is five time faster for a buyer to pay, and check is a snap. Then there SQUARE capital program put paypal to shame. Ranks is a super idea. They do it on EBAY, everone know that. I don't what tickets, I just want better tools to use here on SQUARE to build my business & many other users!

Message 26 of 46
Beta Member

SQUARE is 5 times easier to use than PAYPAL and customers can check out 10 faster than PayPal. Time and drop offs is money out of your pocket!

Message 27 of 46
Beta Member

Thanks for doing this.  I've found such a feature useful in other forums I participate in; not critical, but helpful.

Is there a way to filter your search results by user level?  For example, maybe I only wanted to see the answers from anyone Level 5 or up; hoping that they'd perhaps be more accurate or thorough.

Message 28 of 46
Alumni

It's not possible to filter search results by user level, @Flopbot - I recommend using the drop-down menu after searching the Seller Community to look for answers that have been marked as the Best Answer:

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 10.33.51 AM.png

I hope this helps!

Valentina
Message 29 of 46

Thank you very much for allowing me to be apart of this community.. it’s always a good thing to learn about a new product, that will be used in new way we take payments .. I’m excited to hace the ability to try it out 😁 

Message 30 of 46

We are happy to have you @ReganRainz 😎 welcome, welcome!

Joe
Message 31 of 46
Beta Member

Community has grown quite substantially it seems over the years, happy to be a part of it

Message 32 of 46

We are happy to have you, @BagelMuncher🎉🎉🎉

Joe
Message 33 of 46

So, do I rank up faster for being long-winded in my responses like @FREAKINKAT or @Wanugee ?  😜😉

Message 34 of 46

LOL

Wanugee
www.goldendragonfortunes.com
Message 35 of 46
Beta Member

I’m new to the seller community and it says I’m in rank 1. How do rank work and what are they?

Message 36 of 46

Hi there, @madebyvictoriak - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding community ranking. Take a look at this helpful explanation post from Kpay! 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Joe
Message 37 of 46
Beta Member

I love the rankings….I care. When I have a question I come here and usually find an answer because people engaged more. 

Message 38 of 46

Does this help my customers do business with me more efficiently?

Message 39 of 46

I'v been Square for over 7 years this is the first i've ever heard of this. Is this a new program?

Message 40 of 46

Hi @logographicsdna 👋

This is an old post regarding the ranking on Seller Community. The tiered color system was determined by how much you interacted in the community. 

Message 41 of 46
Beta Member

Not real sure myself, I spend all my time taking money using my SQUARE, just keep cracking & you'll build your business!

Message 42 of 46