x

Square capabilities to store credit card info for end of the night check-out

Hello,

My non-profit is organizing it's upcoming benefit auction. We would like to know if Square allows for screening the donors' cards upon entry to the auction and if they can store that number when (or if) they purchase an item at the end of the evening?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Message 2 of 3

Hi @HCA 

I think this is too late for your last event, but perhaps for the next one...

Square is a great choice for in person credit card donations but when it comes to an fundraising auction (like a silent auction), its point of sale functionality doesn't map on well to the bidder check in and check out flow that's needed. That's why we came together in partnership with Square to build Bidstation.

Bidstation is a fundraising auction solution that integrates Square for payment processing and allows you to save cards on file using iPads, iPhones and Android devices when guests check in at your event.  It's a great way to have a smooth check-in AND avoid lines at checkout as guest don't need to pay at the end. Input winning bids, purchases, raise a paddle donations, wine pulls, raffle tickets, etc. and it's all tallied onto the bidder's invoice. Batch process card on file payments anytime after the event. You can think of it as Square point of sale, built for charity auctions.

-john

Need help with a fundraising auction? Ask me!
Message 3 of 3