x

Battery Not charging!

My square won't charge at all. I've held down for 20 seconds, goes orange then red then nothing! Please help! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @LouisaK 👋,

Apologies for the delay in replying here, we've been a few teammates short this week!

I'm sorry to hear a hardware issue has brought you to the Seller Community for the first time. Let's see if we can try a few things to get your reader back up and running.

So, the action you're taking by holding down the button on the side is resetting your reader, which is a great first step. I'm wondering if you can also answer the following questions in your reply:

1. How long have you had your reader?
2. Have you tried different charging environments, E.g. plugging the charger into a different wall outlet? 

3. Lastly, when you press the button on the side of the reader once, how many lights come up and in what colour?

I've linked out the Set Up Guide as a reference for what the lights on your reader mean. You can also find our full list of Square Reader troubleshooting steps here.

I'll keep a lookout for your reply in the meantime, however, if you need to reach out to us in a hurry, you can always touch base with our Support Team at 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email. See the below steps.

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squ.re/3AWfZs2

3. Go to "Other", then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us", "Email us" or "Call Us"

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type “support” to bring up a list of contact methods.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2