x

Buy One Get One Free Not Working Properly

We've setup a BOGO discount according to the instructions but when apply the discount on the POS it applies a 100% discount to the total bill. How can we fix this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @Priormold,

Perhaps there is another discount being applied (the name of your BOGO discount should show).

Additionally, check the quantities and rule types. I just tested it out and it worked for me (on the virtual terminal):

Discount info contained 100%

Automatic rules 

Purchase rule - Quantity - 1

Discount rule - By one, get one - 1 

Check the quantities of each of the above

Then this worked for me - the discount still does show 100% on the checkout but only applies to the free one

For example when i added 2 items to the cart i got 100% discount off one of them.

bogo
100% off Almond milk 1litre
($6.50)
Subtotal
$6.50
Tax
$0.00
Total
$6.50
Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your discounts, @Priormold - something definitely sounds amiss here! I'd recommend reaching out to our support team so we can take a closer look at how you've set up your discounts, and file a ticket if necessary. You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Click on any topic, then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type "support" to bring up a list of contact methods.

Message 3 of 3