x
Admin

Welcome to the Leisure and Entertainment group! ⛳️ 🛼 🎢

Hello, and welcome to the Leisure & Entertainment group in Seller Community! We launched this group to provide a place for you to share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, please reply here and introduce yourself and your business, or start a new thread about anything you want!

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the Join Group Hub button. We're looking forward to getting to know you! 😊

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Hey all: My newest venture in life is The Lil' Red Shed. lilredshed.com ... I sell novelty, holiday and political flags (3 dozen different designs). I also sell stickers, hats, tshirts, crystals, art and smoking accessories all out of my 8X10 ft shed. I'm the smallest biggest store and Head Shop in the USA! LOL I started the Lil' Red Shed 2 years ago with 4 flags and for under $500. There are days I am literally shocked and pleased with my customer count and ticket average. Thanks to Square I have grown immensely. 

I live in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, home to one of the most haunted hotels in the United States, the Crescent Hotel. I do private walking Ghost/History tours in town at night now, along with the Red Shed during the days. I was the in house paranormal investigator and tour guide for the Crescent Hotel and the Basin Park Hotel in Eureka Springs for a few years and have been doing paranormal investigations since 1981... I'm an old guy. If anyone is around the OZ (Ozarks) give me yell, this place is amazing in it's beauty, history and people. 

Good luck to all.

(my real name is Conn)

Conn Hutzell
Message 22 of 43

We are a laser tag, axe throwing, arcade game and cafe in a small 12,200 square foot facility in Flagstaff, AZ.  We currently run two square terminals one portable terminal and will probably add a kitchen printer in the next month or so.  

For marketing / additional revenue we have a portable axe throwing trailer as well and do random events around Northern Arizona. 

Thanks for the invite to the group and look forward to learning more from other facilities.  If you are ever visiting the Grand Canyon then stop by and learn to throw axes or if you have young folks tag them in the two story laser tag arena.  https://flagtagaz.com

-Scott

Message 23 of 43

Axe throwing, now I like to see that. Can you attach any images?

Message 24 of 43
Beta Member

Hi there,  I own a kids playgym in New Hampshire, US flippityflop  - almost to our 4 yr anniversary in June of 2022!  Looking forward to learning more and more here 🙂

Message 25 of 43
Super Seller

Hey everyone 👋🏻

I am a results-driven Spa Business Consultant who specializes in mentoring and guiding spa businesses across the U.S. on implementing branding, marketing, sales, strategic planning, and management systems. With over 15 years of experience working in the spa and beauty industry, I understand firsthand the nuances of building and operating a successful spa business, and focus intensely on guiding spa professionals to accelerate success and grow their vision. I am a licensed esthetician, make-up artist, author, educator, and certified holistic health coach. In 2019, I founded Richard Merrill Consulting, which provides business consulting, marketing services, and printing solutions as a practical one-stop resource for helping solo spa professionals build a more profitable business. I live in Washington State with my Maltipoo Coconut. We can be found traveling the US in our RV perhaps visiting a city near you!

Richard Merrill, CEO

Richard Merrill Consulting, LLC

Spokane, WA, USA

Super Seller: I help others.

Beta Tester: I question everything.

he/him

Happy Selling!

Message 26 of 43
Beta Member

Hello everyone!

I am the Director of the Carousel of Happiness - the most amazing little place in our small town.  We offer carousel rides, a gift shop, a DIY puppet theatre, but the best part is the story.  A vietnam war veteran found a derelict carousel (1910 Looff) without horses (they were auctioned off by the previous owner) and started carving the 30+ riding animals over a period of about 26 years (completely self-taught!).  He worked with the town of Nederland and it's residents to raise $700,000 to build the building and install his carousel.  We now operate as a 501c3 nonprofit, promoting happiness, well-being, and service to others through stories and experiences.  

If you're in Colorado, come visit us!  Located along the beautiful peak to peak scenic byway, in Nederland.

If you'd like to learn more about us, visit our website www.carouselofhappiness.org

I am hoping that Square will continue to develop helpful new features for us to utilize - such as a better link with Woocommerce or a more customizable Square Online - and #1 priority is a round-up feature!

Message 27 of 43
Super Seller

This group is right up my alley! 

Excited to chat and share with everybody 🙂 

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 28 of 43
Super Seller Alumni

Hi everyone!

I'm Emily - owner of The Violet Fox Bookshop. Reading is my preferred form of leisure and entertainment, of course. I started about a year and a half ago and am still slowly, growing.  I've been operating online only, but have a physical booth space opening in Virginia Beach this summer!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 29 of 43

Hello.

I own & operate an 80s themed video game arcade & bar in Historic Downtown Hillsboro, Oregon. We signed our lease pre-covid and by the time we took possession everything was in lockdown. Opened our doors July 2020 and needless to say it's been a tough run. Still digging out of a hole and still hanging on, I feel like this might finally be our year. Local events and parades are finally coming back, which should bring thousands of people into our area that have been missing for the last 2 years. Fingers crossed!

Shana

Arcade 2084

Message 30 of 43
Beta Member

I am John.  My family owns a baseball, softball, and basketball training facility. We have automated pitching machines as well as "live arm" tunnels. We also have a well-stocked pro shop. Our staff includes former Major League, Olympic, and college athletes to train and assist. 

We are using Square Retail for sales in the Pro Shop as well as sales of training sessions. I would love to use Appointments to schedule our training sessions, but it currently lacks the ability to allow for customers to just rent a tunnel (resource) without a coach (staff). We also cannot see the calendar for the tunnels (resources) just the staff.  If either (or hopefully both) are fixed we will happily migrate off of paper books and get into this century.

Message 31 of 43
Beta Member

Hi,

My name is Samantha Tate and I am an online and offline tarot reader at Tarot By SammyBrite LLC. 

I have 20 years experience with tarot and continue my studies to this day.  15 of those 20 years were spent being a professional tarot reader on and off.  I am on the autism spectrum and have bipolar II disorder and after being laid off from my part time job in 2020 due to COVID, I decided to relaunch my tarot reading business to help others and bring them clarity and comfort. 

My specialties include love and relationship readings, career/business readings, and general readings.  I do not predict death, lotto numbers, find missing people, pets, or lost objects.  And I won't tell you the person you're in a relationship with is your twin flame because I don't believe in that 😝. And I definitely don't upsell you spells or tell you are cursed (as I don't do spells or believe in curses).

You can book a reading at my website at www.sammybrite.com or visit me in the Genesee County, Michigan area at Totem Books in Flint every third Saturday or Two Tuesdays a month at the Davison Farmers Market.  Events are listed on my website for more details!

I hope to connect with some of you!

Message 32 of 43

Hello.  My name is Kelly, owner of KT Kayak Rentals.  We have been in operation since 2018 at 3 lakes in the greater Milwaukee area.  

We have maintained a 5 star rating on Facebook for 5 seasons.  We offer Kayak and paddle board rentals on 3 amazing bodies of water, including private and group Kayak lessons! We are partnered with conservation groups and programs to keep our lakes safe, clean and fun for everyone.  

We are partnered with a Wisconsin State Park that offers outstanding recreational services - Camping, swimming, boat launch, hiking trails, live music, educational events and more!

This business endeavor is by far the best decision I could have made for my career.  We have grown to a team of 6 which started with me solo.  We plan to keep expanding and gaining new locations. 

I am happy to be able to share experiences and knowledge with like minded entrepreneurs.  Excited to meet you all!

Message 33 of 43

Hi. I'm a world-touring stand-up comedian and the head of The Ivy League of Comedy. We're the leading independent producer of clean stand-up comedy shows for theatres. We also put together corporate and charity fund-raising shows.

Thought I'd say hi. I have the best job in the world- I make people laugh for a living.

Message 34 of 43

Awsome!!

Message 35 of 43

Hello! 
We are a female car club located in South Florida and trending globally. We are Women’s Bimmer Club. 

Our mission is to unite women who share their love and appreciation for all things BMW. Together we will create a safe space for female car enthusiasts, where we will empower, uplift and inspire each other while we go on adventures in our BMWs. We practice safe driving and responsible ownership, and enthusiasm for our choice in vehicles.

We've joined square for Merch sales. 

Message 36 of 43

Cheers! We provide exclusive, educational and entertaining craft beer experiences in South-Central Pennsylvania. Designed as a tourism and economic driver, we draw guests from around the country who are interested in learning about and experiencing the wonderful world of craft beer with our knowledgeable and experienced Beer Guides.

Since launching Brewery Tours in 2017, we have maintained a 5-star rating and have been named one of the Best of the Best Local Tourist Attractions. Our craft beer experiences have also been recognized both regionally and nationally. We are currently expanding our experiences geographically.

We're excited to be a part of this forum and look forward to not only learning from all of you, but sharing our business experiences with the hope of helping others. 

Experience the Ultimate Craft Beer Experience!
Message 37 of 43

Hello, we are a Tickets, Events, & Hospitality company. We have tickets for Sports, Concerts, & Theater nationwide. We also have extensive knowledge and relationships with venues, teams, sponsors, and suite/seat owners throughout the US. You can purchase tickets directly through our website - www.mjoytickets.com and use Promo Code for 10% off - SQUARE10 or contact us directly for personal service and a customized experience. Our goal is to provide you with entertainment opportunities to build relationships and create memories with ease. Let us take care of securing your tickets, implementation of tickets, catering, parking, and much more so you can just show up and enjoy. Please ask any questions. We are also a woman owned and minority owned business. Looking forward to working with this community. Thank you! 

Best, 

Michelle Martin

[redacted for privacy]

Michelle Martin
Message 38 of 43

Hi Michelle! Can you also act as a show booking agent?

Message 39 of 43

I second that question.  😀

Message 40 of 43

I am a self-published author of Science Fiction and Fantasy novels. Words by Edward is the name I chose for my marketing and web presence. While my books are sold primarily through Amazon (see https://www.amazon.com/Edward-Swing/e/B08DHHQCB3), I also sell at trade shows in the Maryland/Pennsylvania/DC/Virginia/Delaware area.

Message 41 of 43

Hi y'all! I'm a voice actor based in Los Angeles working in commercials, animations video games, and more. Some places you might have heard my voice are commercials for Hello Fresh and Giant, video games Genshin Impact, Final Fantasy, and Fire Emblem, and animations Rainbow High and Ba Da Bean.

If you need voice over for social media videos, videos for your website, training videos for your employees, eLearning for your course, or anything else, I'd love to chat with you!

Listen to my voice and hear previous work on my website, KellyBaskinVO.com.

I look forward to connecting with you!

Message 42 of 43